What's new

Misos

Student
Reaction score
I'm trying to revive this Marvel vs Street Fighter (Hispanic version) with no succes, using the Arduino method by Eduardo.

The board is getting 5.05v, I've re-checked the pinouts and nothing seems wrong.

I've had succecs with boards with conector 9 and even one
revision 4 orange board without the conector 9, but this Marvel one
refuses to work.

I'm using the keys in the program named "mshvsth" but i think maybe my board has a different romset. Here's a picture of my board:

https://i.imgur.com/OKS761E.jpg

"mvsh01, 02, 03f, 04f, 05f, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10"

Can anyone give any advice?

Have you tried an InfiniKey?
No, but I rather stick with the tools that I have available: An Eprom programmer and an Arduino.
The other option would be the avalaunch roms, but they only have the japanese set.

Last edited:
Have you tried keys for another region to see if that works?

use the eeprom burner you said you have to burn raz's suicide detection rom. See if that boots... Not sure what the F stands for, but are you sure it's hispanic? Another thing you can do is use your burner to read the 03f rom and then compare crc32 with mame.

Once you know for sure your board is working (but suicided) i would attempt to resurrect. Then confirm which roms you are using and use the key for those roms.

Another thing is to try stripping all the socketed chips off before writing the key. This has worked for me several times, particularly on older revision boards.

Have you tried keys for another region to see if that works?
Yes, same result, solid color screen.

use the eeprom burner you said you have to burn raz's suicide detection rom. See if that boots... Not sure what the F stands for, but are you sure it's hispanic? Another thing you can do is use your burner to read the 03f rom and then compare crc32 with mame.

Once you know for sure your board is working (but suicided) i would attempt to resurrect. Then confirm which roms you are using and use the key for those roms.
Checked the CRC of 3f and it's the same as the one in my board.
5f is the same as 5a.
I already have razoola's suicide tester, everytime I insert the "phoenix" code and kill the board it works, all tests passes.
But if I insert the hispanic code, only a solid color screen.
So the code is getting in the board, but maybe something else is preventing it to work.

Another thing is to try stripping all the socketed chips off before writing the key. This has worked for me several times, particularly on older revision boards.
That's the only thing i didn't do yet.
When you say socketed chips, does it include the pal chips too, or just the eproms?

Also, thank you all for the answers.

I removed everything including the PALs, it probably doesn't matter but since they're socketed it's not hard to put them all back in

I removed everything including the PALs, it probably doesn't matter but since they're socketed it's not hard to put them all back in
No deal, same thing. I think the problem is the board itself.

The only boards I've ever had that wouldn't take a reload of keys were both grey region rev 4 :(

Nope, didn't work either because the CPU wouldn't take keys at all. I installed Avalaunch decrypted ROMs

Nope, didn't work either because the CPU wouldn't take keys at all. I installed Avalaunch decrypted ROMs
Guess I'm out of luck them, none of the boards that I have have decrypted roms available.

Quick update, was able to desuicide the Street Fighter zero 2.
I did as XodaraP suggested and the game is working now.
So if the Arduino method didn't work for you, try the avalaunch roms, especially if you have a revision 4.
Going to try the same with my Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter next.
Thank you all for the help, especially Xodara.

Did the same process with Marvel vs Street fighter but the sprites are all messed up.
Game have sound and the backgrounds are fine.
I used the japanese romset available on the avalaunch site, stock jumpers and the same eproms.

Sprites are on the mask ROMs not game code. Verify your mask ROMs and replace as required

Back