What's new
Or anyone that wants to use analog controls for like Super Monkey Ball or something.
Can you mount that Monkey Ball stick to the Vewlix control panel tho?
I feel like the hole pattern won't line up, but IDK.

Or anyone that wants to use analog controls for like Super Monkey Ball or something.
Can you mount that Monkey Ball stick to the Vewlix control panel tho?I feel like the hole pattern won't line up, but IDK.
Well there's been no need for a panel for it up until now since analog controls weren't available anyway. So maybe we'll get sanwa stick panels and virtual on panels moving forward :).

Yea I'd love a blank panel for full customization.
I really enjoy Smash TV, just think how cool a custom dual stick Vewlix panel would be.

Yea I'd love a blank panel for full customization.
I really enjoy Smash TV, just think how cool a custom dual stick Vewlix panel would be.
That's why I have one of the entire panel surround things spare. One with a Sega cut-out for panels.

I'd love actual Vewlix cut ones so I wouldn't have to mismatch colors with the diamond cabs.

Ok guys, the io adapter board should get to me this weekend. In the meantime here's the latest iteration of the acrylic mounting plate.

IMG_3223.jpg

It will probably change a bit once I get the adapter and get some hands on testing.

Attachments

• IMG_3231.jpg
    IMG_3231.jpg
    909 KB · Views: 177
Should those IO boards labeled on YA as junk be good?

Most of the sellers will list items as "junk" even though they are 100% fine.

It just means they didnt test it, or they dont want to deal with you if have problems.

Or you can always buy them direct from Betson since they distribute these from Sega, but you are not going to like the price compared YAJ.

@Derick2k has been testing the I/O adapter and reports that everything is working great so far. I'm sure He'll post his thoughts here soon, but after a few fitment adjustments I think we've settled on a final PCB design.

c1eeGYp.jpg

Therefore I'm going to start crunching the numbers on producing these. Hopefully I can get a price estimate soon.

Also Derick2k's SEGA IO adapter plate is looking fantastic too. Hopefully he will post pictures of his progress here.

Last edited:
Some teaser pics, the adapter plate will go through final adjustment in the next few days, but this is the way it looks/fits now

IMG_3247.jpg

still a few tweaks to do here and there

The io is powered without issues and everything seems to be working as it should

IMG_3264.jpg

Derick2k reports that the coin mech works even with coin validation turned off. I suspect that coin validation would only be needed if your Vewlix doesn't have a coin mech connected at all.

Derick2k reports that the coin mech works even with coin validation turned off. I suspect that coin validation would only be needed if your Vewlix doesn't have a coin mech connected at all.
Yes, it is confirmed :thumbsup: the coin mech works just fine, games coin up without issues with coin validation circuit off. I dint try with it on since i feel there is no need since its working.

Ok, so final version of the mounting plate is done, Im pretty happy how it turned out.
The adapter/power board is working wonderfully, zero issues thus far. Cant wait to buy the updated version.
Special thanks to @Arthrimus for making these :thumbsup:

IMG_3306.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3305.jpg
    IMG_3305.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 175
I'm getting at least one of these I have 2 sega i/o unused boards I bought from YAJ some time ago.

Back