What's new
This is super awesome! Legit better than anything I could have done. I’m super glad that this was made. I’m definitely going to need one for my chewlix.

I also need the base plate for the IO.. @Derick2k, do you know where I can get my hands on one?

Wonderful job.
Seems to be better than the original Taito converter board too :D

Seems to be better than the original Taito converter board too
Better is subjective... Some might say it was better to have all official Taito parts inside a Taito cab.
What is undeniable is the Sega JVS IO supports more games than Taito's JVS IO, we know of at least one on Naomi that should work but doesn't without patching (CvS2).

Seems to be better than the original Taito converter board too
Better is subjective... Some might say it was better to have all official Taito parts inside a Taito cab.What is undeniable is the Sega JVS IO supports more games than Taito's JVS IO, we know of at least one on Naomi that should work but doesn't without patching (CvS2).
Yes of course original parts are "Always" better, but i like his design more than the original cenverter pcb made by Taito.
I didn't know that Taito Jvs had problems with some games….
Also Capcom IO gave me problems sometimes, for example with Hotd4 on Lindbergh.
This is why i decide do use a Sega Type 3 and adapt it to jamma…..
So problem solved.

I didn't know that Taito Jvs had problems with some games
I don't know the reason behind it, but the Taito IO reports less buttons than it actually supports.
That's why CvS2 won't run, it detects the IO isn't supporting enough buttons to play the game (this of course isn't true, because once patched it works fine).

Ok the finalized PCB design is ready so I have made an interest check thread over in the for sale section. I am trying to gauge the interest for this project at the price point of $70 for the kit with the adapter board and all of the necessary wiring. I've tried really hard to get the price as low as possible, and considering the cost of many of the necessary components this is as low as I can go. I think even in light of the recent group buy for Taito I/Os this solution still represents a great value and convenience factor over the official part. Especially if Taito stops producing their JVS I/O.

aIjLbam.jpg

This is an excellent/elegant solution, well worth the $$.

I believe Taito is already moving onto a new JVS io with a different form factor that does not fit the vewlixs, at least not without an different mounting plate, also had a different power connector. I have one of these on the way to test, and they are also not cheap. So I think they will probably stop production of the current one.

I believe Taito is already moving onto a new JVS io with a different form factor that does not fit the vewlixs, at least not without an different mounting plate, also had a different power connector. I have one of these on the way to test, and they are also not cheap. So I think they will probably stop production of the current one.
If it doesn't fit the vewlix what is it for?

Will this sega i/o adaptor help people some how play jamma pcbs on the vewlix? Since jammafiers and jamma kits are not available

If it doesn't fit the vewlix what is it for?
I have to double check, taito comes up with a lot of hardware for their dedicated cabs, etc.. I think these new ones can be used with their newer IO mounting plates found on the orange diamonds. Not sure if the same plates come in the black diamonds. But we will see, I will check fitment once I get them. Its speculation at this point on my part :D

Will this sega i/o adaptor help people some how play jamma pcbs on the vewlix? Since jammafiers and jamma kits are not available
?( Nope - all this is doing letting you use a much lower cost, easy to find, jvs io that seems to be highly compatible with just about everything jvs in a vewlix cab withough having to do crazy rewiring/harnesses/mods, etc...elegant, plug&play solution.

The Sega IO adapter featured here WILL work with a Jammafier device.
I'm sure @invzim will produce another batch of them, I suspect they will only become more popular as the future unfolds.
You will need a solution to deal with the video output if you intend to use a OSSC however (you know what I'm planning, but I'm not ready to announce yet).
Until that happens however, the adapter will only provide you with JVS controls, so no JAMMA support out of the box so to type.

As for the official Jamma Kit, yea its gone... Let it go.
@rewrite has pledged to make a replica Jamma harness and interconnect PCB.
If this happens we can easily adapter it further (using my secret weapon that I'm not ready to talk about just yet) to work with the OSSC. :)

Thanks for the info guys, i guess naomi net dimm set up it is when i get the vewlix, sucks not being able to play jamma until further notice ;(

sucks not being able to play jamma until further notice
If you really wanted to, I could show you how to do it with a HAS.
It's just a really busy/huge setup to shove into the Vewlix body.

eI2G9er.jpg

That's it in all its glory!
MK2 PCB, Suzo Happ psu, HAS, Raiden kicks adapter, iScan DVDO, OSSC and custom P1/P2 db15 harness.

Yea i can do that im just trying to avoid it lol, we shall see when the vewlix actually arrives.

Is an interest check only for "I definitely will buy one of those immediately when it's ready", or is it just to literally check interest in an eventual or likely purchase?

Some people may need to check if they can snag a Taito I/O in the next batch before knowing if they'll need the adapter immediately. Will the interest check last until the Taito boards are out of stock again? If not, could there be another interest check after the first production?

sucks not being able to play jamma until further notice
If you really wanted to, I could show you how to do it with a HAS.It's just a really busy/huge setup to shove into the Vewlix body.

eI2G9er.jpg

That's it in all its glory!
MK2 PCB, Suzo Happ psu, HAS, Raiden kicks adapter, iScan DVDO, OSSC and custom P1/P2 db15 harness.
That seems like a great setup from results you've shown before. While I want TTX hardware on my Vewlix, I may have to copy that setup for a different cabinet some time. It's amazing how nice it makes CRT games look on your cabs!

I'd also kind of like to know where you got the Keychains. They look quite nice with the cabinets!

It's all to the OSSC's credit how nice the scaling is. Blows all other scalers out of the water!
Only one that comes close IMO is the xRGB mini, and really its advantage is also its disadvantage (outputs a perfect 60.0Hz everytime, has 16ms of lag due to frame buffering for 60.0Hz).

I got the keyrings in that picture a while ago, they had three at the time (Ken, Ryu and Chun Li) but I only got two because at the time I only had two cabs.
When I got my L-AMI I decided to get the Chun Li... But they are just gone/out of production now, I couldn't even find her on eBay.

I decided to go with this enamel from Gateninty, they do great ash trays too!
nUfHbqM.jpg

It's all to the OSSC's credit how nice the scaling is. Blows all other scalers out of the water!
Only one that comes close IMO is the xRGB mini, and really its advantage is also its disadvantage (outputs a perfect 60.0Hz everytime, has 16ms of lag due to frame buffering for 60.0Hz).

I got the keyrings in that picture a while ago, they had three at the time (Ken, Ryu and Chun Li) but I only got two because at the time I only had two cabs.
When I got my L-AMI I decided to get the Chun Li... But they are just gone/out of production now, I couldn't even find her on eBay.

I decided to go with this enamel from Gateninty, they do great ash trays too!
Nice! So they're basically out-of-production treasures that you snagged? That's actually pretty nifty. I may have had similar "just barely snagged one" fortune with getting a genuine Vewlix F instruction panel. It sucks if they ran out, but it I was still very glad to get one. I think it may even light up bright enough to backlight the artwork a little (although maybe not as much as the picture below suggests.)

That Gate Ninety stuff looks great, and the OSSC seems almost crucial for a nice CRT-like image on an LCD. I may need to snag an ashtray and key chain from Gate Ninety. Thanks for the info!

Arthrimus's adapter also looks really professional. If the interest check on it goes well enough that it's possible to get one at least a few months later, I would probably like to have one as a backup solution even if I get a Taito I/O board. Hopefully the interest check and sales will go really well.
hhLTBud.png

Finally got round to giving mine a test drive. It's a great little plug 'n' play device for anyone with a missing/faulty Taito I/O :thumbup:
IMG_1464.jpg

Back