What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Anyone happen to have the version of the XM29 service manual that has the important parts, like how to actually service it?

The one on shmups and retrorgb is incomplete.

If not, how about what a proper B+ reading should be?

I recapped the entire monitor after six months of it sitting in pieces. Got it back together, triple checked all the cabling, and it clicks on but no screen static. Green light, no blinking, so it's not the fans.

Power comes out of the PSU and into the bottom right PCB and comes into the top right PCB but I read a flat 0 on the B+, so no power ever gets sent to the flyback board. This much I know as a fact.

Considering the protection circuit is on the suspect PCB, I'm hoping that the voltage is just too high now that it's recapped properly and the system is shutting itself down for safety?

I have an XP37 service manual; I'll dig it out to see if it covers the 29, too.

"XP37 service manual"

I'm looking for this a long time, can you please make that available?

thank you............

I am sorry to read the sad news..that sucks:(
It'll work out. I have faith. I just need better understanding of what order to troubleshoot in.

This is leagues more complex than anything I usually work on.

I have one, toss me a PM. @rewrite Its for the 2950 and 2950G.
Ah, you're awesome. The one on shmups and everywhere else is missing all of the actual technical info. Just has packing, table of contents, parts list, and diagrams. It tells you there are sections for everything I need, but they're not in the pdf.

Ah, you're awesome. The one on shmups and everywhere else is missing all of the actual technical info. Just has packing, table of contents, parts list, and diagrams. It tells you there are sections for everything I need, but they're not in the pdf.
This is a 102 page scan that includes stuff like the H Out schematic for the PWB board and even waveforms.

This is a 102 page scan that includes stuff like the H Out schematic for the PWB board and even waveforms.
Oh nice. I'm excited!

Oh nice. I'm excited!
Yeah, just don't ask me for the supplemental, I've been searching for one for years and I'm empty handed.
Looks like that may be what I needed... All the arrows. Ha.

Screenshot_20190920-163208.png

Oh nice. I'm excited!
Yeah, just don't ask me for the supplemental, I've been searching for one for years and I'm empty handed.
Looks like that may be what I needed... All the arrows. Ha.
Yeah, if anyone has it, it would help extend the life of these XMs. I still have a few more boxes to go through at my old Tech High School of manuals and I'm hoping it has more Service Manuals in general. I'll let you know, it was kind of them to let me scan and share out what I have over the last 10yrs on the CRT side of the house.

For anyone following along for the actual repair:
It isn't PCB-POWER. Swapped a known working one into the bad monitor and same result.

Power on.

Couple seconds. *Click*

Stays on. No static, no B+.

This is going to be a long road with no proper service manual, but at least I can look elsewhere.

That is because that is only a ‘supplement’ to the full SM.

That is because that is only a ‘supplement’ to the full SM.
And unfortunately that's all anyone has. :/

Anyone happen to have the version of the XM29 service manual that has the important parts, like how to actually service it?

The one on shmups and retrorgb is incomplete.

If not, how about what a proper B+ reading should be?

I recapped the entire monitor after six months of it sitting in pieces. Got it back together, triple checked all the cabling, and it clicks on but no screen static. Green light, no blinking, so it's not the fans.

Power comes out of the PSU and into the bottom right PCB and comes into the top right PCB but I read a flat 0 on the B+, so no power ever gets sent to the flyback board. This much I know as a fact.

Considering the protection circuit is on the suspect PCB, I'm hoping that the voltage is just too high now that it's recapped properly and the system is shutting itself down for safety?
Edit: Never mind, it's the same one as the Shmups link.

Back