What's new

RealMFnG

Legendary
Reaction score
  1. Vertical Height Squashed
    • Image is vertically squashed and the height adjustment does not fill the screen all the way (horizonal works fine). It is not the remote board as the remote board is known to work on a good monitor. Going to recap the monitor for preventative maintence and good measure. But should there be continued issues, I'd imagine it is the vertical IC? Which one is the vertical IC(s)?
  2. Demag Connector
    • What is the connector or connector series used for the demag connector?
  3. Pincushioning Pot
    • Which one of these pots is for pin cushioning? What is the label on the pot?

It's been many years since last messed about with this monitor but can remember:
there's a common fault with them on the vertical section, it's a cap on the neck card that goes bad.

Vertical Height Squashed

Image is vertically squashed and the height adjustment does not fill the screen all the way (horizonal works fine).
There's a vertical size limit pot on the chassis. It's on the right, V.S.LIMIT. Try that first.

Pincushioning Pot

Which one of these pots is for pin cushioning? What is the label on the pot?
SPC15 for 15khz.

there's a common fault with them on the vertical section, it's a cap on the neck card that goes bad.
There's only one cap on the neck board, a 10uf 250v. I don't think it should have an effect on vertical size, but I could be wrong.

There's only one cap on the neck board, a 10uf 250v. I don't think it should have an effect on vertical size, but I could be wrong.
I'm thinking of another model then maybe, still if it's only 1 on there it's an easy switch.

While we are on the subject, what are does each of these pots do?
  • SUB CONT
  • ABL
  • H.H.24 (Factory set, so do not touch)
  • H.H.15 (Factory set, so do not touch)
  • PARA (parallelogram?)
  • SPC24 (pinchushioning 24khz)
  • H.S.LIN
  • SPC1 (pingcushioning 15khz)
  • TRAP (trapezoid, I presume)
  • V.LIN (vertical linearity?)
  • V.S. LIMIT (Thanks @nem!)

spc - side pin cusion
trapazoid - trap
parallelogram adj - para

284+204+205 brightness,subcontrast, and abl all brightness adjustment = 284 (bright) raster, 204 (sub cont) window, 205 (ABL) white field

hs lim horozontal size limit

vs lim vertical size limit

v lin vertical linearity

While we are on the subject, what are does each of these pots do?
  • SUB CONT
  • ABL
  • H.H.24 (Factory set, so do not touch)
  • H.H.15 (Factory set, so do not touch)
  • PARA (parallelogram?)
  • SPC24 (pinchushioning 24khz)
  • H.S.LIN
  • SPC1 (pingcushioning 15khz)
  • TRAP (trapezoid, I presume)
  • V.LIN (vertical linearity?)
  • V.S. LIMIT (Thanks @nem!)
sub contrast
horizontal hold in 24k and 15k (you may need to adjust them if you're not synced)
parallelogram /___/ \___\
side pin cushion (__) )__(
trapezoid \__/ /__\

There's a vertical size limit pot on the chassis. It's on the right, V.S.LIMIT. Try that first.
That did the trick. Thanks!
spc - side pin cusion
trapazoid - trap
parallelogram adj - para

284+204+205 brightness,subcontrast, and abl all brightness adjustment = 284 (bright) raster, 204 (sub cont) window, 205 (ABL) white field

hs lim horozontal size limit

vs lim vertical size limit

v lin vertical linearity
Word. Word. Word.

So in case someone stumbles on this thread later and can use the info, the connector for the demag is:
  • Brand: TE Connectivity AMP Connectors
  • Part Number: 1-1123722-5
  • Description: 5 Position Rectangular Housing Connector Plug Natural 0.156" (3.96mm)
It is the same series connector as the AC Line-in on the MS9 chassis. The demag connector has 5 positions instead of the 3 that the AC Line-in connector has.

Back