What's new
I'm interested in one, even tho I only have one CPS2 board I know some other local folks that may buy one.
Plus it would just be nice to have the option if I ever took my board to a convention or something.

Big question tho... My Rev7 board has the solder points for that connector, but is missing the actual connector.
Can I hand solder this? Or if because its missing the connector its also missing other hardware needed to make it function?
JSiypWY.jpg

It should work if you add the connector, but If I were you I'd just get a new B Board and wouldnt get into messing with that.

but If I were you I'd just get a new B Board and wouldnt get into messing with that
Hmmm, I guess I'll take your advice then... Since I've only got the one CPS2 I'll just leave the Tournie stuff to you guys.

SSF2 is the only CPS2 game with tournament mode; am I wrong?

This may be the first time a network pcb has been reproduced. Weird how it's impossible to network this game in emulation.
SSF2 is the only CPS2 game with tournament mode; am I wrong?
You aren't wrong at all. In fact, SSF2 was the only game to use the network board.

but If I were you I'd just get a new B Board and wouldnt get into messing with that
Hmmm, I guess I'll take your advice then... Since I've only got the one CPS2 I'll just leave the Tournie stuff to you guys.
It should work fine if you add the connector. And since you only need to remove solder from the holes instead of a connector it should only take a few minutes to do. Just a normal right-angle connector like this should work fine:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pc-IDC-Ca...034560?hash=item20cdc293c0:g:lEkAAOSwgyxWUWu3

Or I can give you a digikey part number though the above is probably cheaper shipped than 1 unit from digikey.

Did you still want one or not right now?

I'll pass, its a really cool project tho and I'm glad you guys decided to go forward with. :thumbup:

I've ordered the majority of the parts from UT Source. Unfortunately they are on holiday until the 7th. Once I get the shipping notification I will request payment from everyone. Once parts arrive it will only take a few days to ship them all out.

I had enough parts to assemble three completely so I have already shipped the order for a single pcb. :)

All parts have arrived and I have begun assembly. I'm pleasantly surprised by the demand for this. I didnt expect to sell that many but every blank I ordered is already committed to by the wait list. I will indeed order more blanks and I already have all other needed parts extra so if you want these I will make sure you get one.

My plan is to send out payment requests today and begin shipping some orders as early as tomorrow with all current orders mailed by this coming Monday. If you are an arcade or organization planning to use these for events and you need them quick please let me know below and I will tend to you first.

Ok. So I fibbed a bit. These took me much longer to assemble than I thought. I also ran out of S-video ports and had to source more. The type that work on these is a specific footprint. They also have to have the socket sticking out a bit from the face of the port so that it fits in the round holes in the cases of the B-board. The ONLY source I've found for these ports is in Canada. I was just able to negotiate a factory pack from the seller so I will be good to go once they arrive. Incidentally it is the exact brand that was used on the originals.

There is also another thing to note. All parts on these repros are either brand new are within a few years of being manufactured except for the D71051C chips which are obsolete. I test these repros by connecting it to the pcb that is number 3 in the chain. That way I can verify proper communication coming in and going out. I boot the pcbs and if the four connect and boot into the game I consider it working. While testing these first 25 I came across two that did not work. In both cases the D71051C was faulty. The chips the supplier found me have many different date codes. Most are a year or two newer than the original TB link pcbs had. So I ask you to do this, PLEASE TEST THESE AS SOON AS YOU CAN AFTER RECEIVING THEM. I am not doing burn-in tests so please do a burn-in test by allowing them to run for several hours at a time. I want you to do it while I have extra parts here.

All the above being said I did have enough parts to assemble 25 units fully. I just finished testing them. So I am ready to send payment requests for the first 25 with the rest by hopefully next week if shipping from Canada is generous. It can go either way sometimes.

If you are in the first 25 units of the wait list the requests is coming via PM very shortly.

Back