What's new
I think that they might have already arrived, but I'm swamped with stuff that I will have to put off picking it up till tomorrow. Furthermore, I will not be testing it till I purchase two more Multis. So I'll have @cruzlink2 throw them in two that I will have HDMI modded as well. I want this to be the set to be tested, or even streamed off of HDMI. I know that you are concerned about the stability of the Repros, but will need to have all the pieces come together. For that, I apologize...

Send me a PM and we can get the ball rolling.

Anymore left? I've got a guy asking me about linking 4 machines in one of his locations.

I can build more to order. $75 per PCB plus shipping.

Time I bump this thread after find out the main network controller component, a NEC D71051C, is essentially an Intel 8251 clone. Both components share the same pinout and block diagram according to both datasheets. This begs the question if using an 8251 on the link pcb instead of a D71051C also works.

Since Mame's 8251 driver mentions the D71051C is a clone, it should work as a drop in replacement.

Good info. Let me see if I can order a few.

Recently caught this image online... original tournament battle setup:
267952811_6501402616600413_5396578311087126766_n.webp.jpg

Looks like a trade show setup rather than the offiial setup. Cool pic tho!

Not that I have any horse in this race, but I'm curious of the mentioned plans to bring the networking ability to SSF2X are still a thing on the backburner?

I have found some pics in my old archive. All taken in 1993 at Japanese trade shows (only the last photo is from 1994 in which Super Street Fighter II X toppers are teasing us).
It seems they really liked to use large Capcom OOB-60 candy cabs there for tournament play.

ssf21.jpg

ssf22.jpg

ssf23.jpg

ssf24.jpg

ssf25.jpg

ssf26.jpg

Back