What's new
Too bad it does not work with Super Street Fighter II X :(

Mitsurugi-w you have to try to see if it works ?( :?:

Pity we can not simulate the other three CPS2 to bypass the detection :love: of the other three CPS2 and unlock the Trournament Battle mode 8)

A few things...

1. What cable length are you using for testing? Or better what length is confirmed working? Trying to think out logistically how to arrange 4 cabs to play this.

2. Does anyone have a real ssf2 tournament battle board and can scan the label for me? I can only seem to find the regular new challengers label.

3. Will this work correctly if the boards are different region? I assume not since the names are swapped around between japan/usa.

4. What happens if you connect more than 4 together? Anything?

1) Manual says to use max 3 meter cables. I'm using 15ft cables now but I have used a 50ft cable for one and it worked.

2) I have the original tb label on my pcbs but the condition is not good.

3) Different regions and even different date revisions will sync up and play fine.

4)Never tried but I doubt it does anything special.

Great, that is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. up to 50ft is more than generous. I think I will likely stick to 15m cables as that should be sufficient and is what the manual recommends.

I am sure through everyone on this forums we can come up with a good label scan. I am planning on making 4 conversion boards (cheaper than 4 multis) for my communication boards set. So I would like to print repro labels for them. Preferably Japan region if there's any difference in the stickers.

Cool to know it works with different regions... One one side does it show M. Bison and the other side it shows Vega? I am totally interested in this shenanigan for some reason. Also, if you use different date revisions I wonder how it handles balance changes? Like which board's rules does it follow haha.

I will likely stick to 15m cables as that should be sufficient and is what the manual recommends.
manual recommends 3m (10 feet), but as this is serial communication, I think that 15 feet as Mitsu said will certainly be good.

The boardset in the cabinet to are playing on determines the rules for that match. I don't know what the changes are and we have never noticed any difference while playing. And yes you will see Vega on a Japanese machine and Bison on the English one. I can't remember which but the attract/instruction mode is longer in one language than the other. In that situation all pcbs wait patiently until they are all done before proceeding.

Remember you need to put the dummy plug into the "in" slot on pcb 1 for these to boot. I still use the cable that I cut and then splices the wires together but you can also but something like in the link below and just jump the two pins cleanly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-pc-S-Vi...D-4-Pin-Mini-Din-GOLD-Connectors/121786139400

All pcbs from the first set have been paid for and I will ship the last set today! Thanks! All other pcbs are assembled minus the S-video ports so once they arrive all of the rest of the payment requests will go out immediately!

I also received my set. It'll likely be a few weeks before I'm able to test them out.

Okay. Got the rest of them soldered all up, cleaned, and tested. I'll send out the remaining payment requests here shortly. I will also add some installation tips in the first post to prevent issues I've had in the past and prevent possible damage to the D7105C chips.

I think it is possible I damaged the two chips I found to be faulty myself with the method I was using for testing. I orgiginally was testing by turning off one machine, swapping the link pcb and plugging in the cables and rebooting. In the 8 I tested like this I was getting weird results. I began turning off all cabinets while swapping and rebooting after to test. Using this method every link pcb booted properly. I restested the first 8 and 6 booted properly and the other two had faulty D7105C chips. Testing these last 13 I just finished producing there were zero faults. I now believe it is possible I damaged the two myself during testing so I will now make sure to insist that you do not turn on any of the four setups until AFTER they are all connected.

No problem. Hope everything is ok. Sent them out earlier today.

Back