What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Since I do not expect to sell a ton of these and I don't want to over-order on the supplies I will pre-sell these and ship within two weeks. These can be used to link four Super Street Fighter II: Tournament Battle pcbs or pcbs running multi kits and play the unique Tournament Battle version of SSF2.

NOTE: THE GAME WILL NOT BOOT WITHOUT FOUR PCBS LINKED. YOU CANNOT LINK FEWER.

F3H1alU.jpg

Top pcb is the original. Bottom is the repro. As you can see we could not source the original connector. We found one similar but it was too deep and the link pcb would not fit in the case. So we used a standard right-angle 64 pin IDE connector. You do need to take just a second to align the pins but it isn't difficult and it won't fit in the case if do misalign it.

Syj5ybP.jpg

0yKz1wf.jpg

INSTALLATION TIPS:

1. The "loopback" plug must be installed in the "IN" slot of pcb 1 for the entire setup to boot. The loopback plug is just a male S-video plug with the top two pins shorted together.

2. BUY QUALITY S-VIDEO CABLES!!! Trust me. If you buy cheap cables you will be pulling your hair out when they won't boot. Buy cables you would use if you were showing these at a convention.

3. 15ft cables work great in most situations. If the cabs are right next to each other shorter will work but a few extra feet is great in case you need to move a cab, etc. Plus if you have room to space your cabinets a bit it will help during the 'musical chairs' part of the tournament. I have used a 50ft cable with success.

4. Do not plug cables into the link pcbs while ANY of the setups are powered. This will risk damage to the communication chip on the link pcb.

5. Take your time installing the link pcb. The 64-pin connectors are not original so they are not keyed and can be misaligned.

My 5-year-old video might still be the best video about this setup anywhere online:

Price will be $75 each plus shipping.

Pre-sale list for 2022 batch:

KidKaos X 4(Shipped)
gigasturtz x 4 (Shipped)
Bigtime x 4 (PAID)
BroadwayJose x 4 (Shipped)
Bigblue709 x 1 (Shipped)

Last edited:
Awesome! I’ll take 1, thank you for making these available.

So I assume you already have 3 original boards? As this needs a full set of 4 to work
No, I just have my one multi. I believe my friend has a whole set(has the whole cps2 collection). I just want one to have and install.
suit yourself, but like said, it will only work in a setup of 4 units.
Will not do anything with 1, 2, or 3 boards, it will just boot to regular SSF2 then

So I assume you already have 3 original boards? As this needs a full set of 4 to work
No, I just have my one multi. I believe my friend has a whole set(has the whole cps2 collection). I just want one to have and install.
suit yourself, but like said, it will only work in a setup of 4 units.Will not do anything with 1, 2, or 3 boards, it will just boot to regular SSF2 then

I’m totally aware, thank you for the concern though.

Damn that's a very accurate repro, PCB looks bang on to an original.

Back