What's new

Iro

Student
Reaction score
Hello,
Rythm Tengoku is not working on cpmpact flash.
This will be a great thing !!
:)

I would love to see this game available for CF or net-boot, unfortunately I don't think it has been patched to work yet. (at least nothing has come up in any of my searches)

I've spent time on this game some time ago, however did not found protection or anything like this.
so it more looks like this game is not compatible with DIMM in general.

There seems to be a lot of problems with Dimm-booting Cart games it's a shame because it means that CF/Net boot are not complete solutions for NAOMI.

usually it's not. usually there only protection (if present) needed to be cracked
this one Rhythm Tengoku game problem - is quite rare exception.

This is the list of non-net-boot/non-cf games:

obviously some are on here for different reasons, some aren't dumped, some aren't compatible with the net-boot bios (HOTD2), but it's a pretty large list with some pretty great games that we're missing.

NAOMI 1
Charge'n Blast
Crackin' DJ
Crackin' DJ 2
Dynamite Baseball '99
Dynamite Baseball Naomi
ExZeus
F1 World Grand Prix
F355 Challenge
F355 Challenge 2: International Course
Fish Live
Guilty Gear X
Gun Beat
Gun Survivor 2: Biohazard Code Veronica
House of the Dead 2
Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai 3
Inu no Osanpo
Manic Panic Ghosts!
Mayjinsen
Mazan : Flash Of The Blade
Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon (cart ver)
MushiKing: The Battle of the Beetles
MushiKing II
MushiKing 2K5 1st
New Japan Pro Wrestling Toukon Retsuden 4 Arcade Edition
Ninja Assault
Outtrigger
Pochinya
Pocket Shooting
Puzzle Kurutto Stone
Project Cerberus
Quiz Ah My Goddess
Rhythm Tengoku
Ring Out 4x4
Samba De Amigo ver.2000
Sega Bass Fishing 2
Shakka to Tambourine
Shakka to Tambourine 2001
Shakka to Tambourine 2001 Power Up!
Shangri-La
Shootout Pool
Shootout Pool Prize
Slashout (cart version)
Soul Surfer
Tokyo Bus Tour
Touch De Uno!
Touch De Uno! 2
Touch De Zunou!
Virtua Tennis (cart ver)
Virtua Tennis 2 (cart ver)
Virtual-On OT M.S.B.S Ver5.66
World Kicks
World Series '99

NAOMI 2
Club Kart Prize
Initial D 3 (Japanese ver)
Virtua Fighter 4 (cart ver)
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution (cart ver)
Virtua Striker 3 (cart ver)
Wild Riders

some aren't dumped
and some don't exist like Sega Bass Fishing 2 ;)
WTF is this: Project Cerberus or Pochinya or Mayjinsen ?

about the rest - no one wish to waste time on hacking them
and I'm not surprised, because all games from list above will not boot at all without special IO boards and/or will be unplayable unless you have special input devices for them:
Crackin' DJ
Crackin' DJ 2
Club Kart Prize
Dynamite Baseball '99
Dynamite Baseball Naomi
Inu no Osanpo
Manic Panic Ghosts!
Mazan : Flash Of The Blade
MushiKing: The Battle of the Beetles
MushiKing II
MushiKing 2K5 1st
Ninja Assault
Shakka to Tambourine
Shakka to Tambourine 2001
Shakka to Tambourine 2001 Power Up!
Shootout Pool
Shootout Pool Prize
Soul Surfer
Touch De Uno!
Touch De Uno! 2
Touch De Zunou!
World Kicks
World Series '99

WTF is this: Project Cerberus or Pochinya or Mayjinsen ?
Prototype games, never officially released, but they do exist... somewhere.

about the rest - no one wish to waste time on hacking them
and I'm not surprised, because all games from list above will not boot at all without special IO boards and/or will be unplayable unless you have special input devices for them:
..Club Kart Prize
..Ninja Assault
At least those two could be probably played by anyone with a driving setup or a shooting setup. I know I personally would love to be able to play Ninja Assault on my light gun setup.

Baseball panels are actually pretty easy to come by for those interested in the baseball games.

some of us weirdos do like to play with weird control setups too. :P

Last edited:
At least those two could be played by anyone with a driving setup or a shooting setup. I know I personally would love to be able to play Ninja Assault on my light gun setup.
Club Cart Prize require "hopper board" connected (which is additional NAOMI 1 PCB with special cartridge and IO)
Club Cart Prize Ver.B require dedicated SH-4 based hopper board.
Ninja Assault require Namco "JYU" JVS IO and special gun(s) for it.
so no, they can't be played on typical driving or shooting setup.

At least those two could be played by anyone with a driving setup or a shooting setup. I know I personally would love to be able to play Ninja Assault on my light gun setup.
Club Cart Prize require "hopper board" connected (which is additional NAOMI 1 PCB with special cartridge and IO)Club Cart Prize Ver.B require dedicated SH-4 based hopper board.
Ninja Assault require Namco "JYU" JVS IO and special gun(s) for it.
so no, they can't be played on typical driving or shooting setup.
Ah, you're right. I didn't realize those weren't typical. :)

possible, afaik cartridges do not generate interrupts at all, but DIMM does
and as I see this game at least enable this interrupt source in HOLLY, so it can be the cause of hang if DIMM IRQ was fired but handler not cancel it correctly.

possible, afaik cartridges do not generate interrupts at all, but DIMM does
and as I see this game at least enable this interrupt source in HOLLY, so it can be the cause of hang if DIMM IRQ was fired but handler not cancel it correctly.
I did a small piece of code that hooks into the clk interrupt and shows the current interrupts being triggered. This is very helpful to know where our code neverending loops.

So which are the games that don't need a dedicated I/O that havent been converted to DIMM bin yet?

So which are the games that don't need a dedicated I/O that havent been converted to DIMM bin yet?
Some of these might not be dumped but here's a list of the ones that MetalliC didn't mention as needing custom I/O and don't also have another version availble already (there are a lot of cart games that aren't net/cf-bootable but have a GD-ROM release that is).

Charge'n Blast
ExZeus
F1 World Grand Prix
F355 Challenge
Guilty Gear X
Gun Beat
Outtrigger
Puzzle Kurutto Stone
Rhythm Tengoku
Tokyo Bus Tour
Wild Riders

this doesn't require anything special so its a primary targets if there any interest to some of them -
Guilty Gear X
Rhythm Tengoku

Tokyo Bus Tour - will work on typical driving cab, but Type-2 IO required
Wild Riders - typical driving cab

Outtriger requires IO board with rotary and trackball control panel
Gun Survivor 2 normally must be played using special analogue rotary stick, however game also supports regular DC gamepad connected (also require plugged comm.board, will not work if not present)

F355 is multi-board games, so there no any reason to bother with them.

these is unreleased or at least rare as hell and undumped:
Charge'n Blast
ExZeus
F1 World Grand Prix
Gun Beat
Puzzle Kurutto Stone
(and I'm personally doubt about existence of arcade versions of Charge'n Blast and F1 World GP)

Last edited:
Some of these might not be dumped but here's a list of the ones that MetalliC didn't mention as needing custom I/O and don't also have another version availble already (there are a lot of cart games that aren't net/cf-bootable but have a GD-ROM release that is).
Charge'n Blast
ExZeus
F1 World Grand Prix
F355 Challenge
Guilty Gear X
Gun Beat
Outtrigger
Puzzle Kurutto Stone
Rhythm Tengoku
Tokyo Bus Tour
Wild Riders
I found a copy of Gun Survivor 2 here. Can someone give it a try?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/trafokakx2y64x7/gunsurv2.7z

As for Ferrari F355, you can forget about it as it uses 2 Naomis linked in parallel so you won't be able to play with ONE Naomi. You may be able to get a slower game maybe using a Naomi 2, but that'd be a hell of a crack that I'm not going to do :whistling:

As for the list of games not working on CF/Net can someone confirm or has actually tested them and knows for sure which ones do/do not work? If so, please post.

this doesn't require anything special so its a primary targets if there any interest to some of them -
Guilty Gear X
Rhythm Tengoku

Tokyo Bus Tour - will work on typical driving cab, but Type-2 IO required
Wild Riders - typical driving cab

Outtriger requires IO board with rotary and trackball control panel
Gun Survivor 2 normally must be played using special analogue rotary stick, however game also supports regular DC gamepad connected (also require plugged comm.board, will not work if not present)

F355 is multi-board games, so there no any reason to bother with them.

these is unreleased or at least rare as hell and undumped:
Charge'n Blast
ExZeus
F1 World Grand Prix
Gun Beat
Puzzle Kurutto Stone
(and I'm personally doubt about existence of arcade versions of Charge'n Blast and F1 World GP)
Mitsurugi was insisting a lot on Virtual-On.

I'll have a look at it tomorrow....

good choice, on quick look I see only 2 protection access at very start of game, so it seem will be not hard task

good choice, on quick look I see only 2 protection access at very start of game, so it seem will be not hard task
please elaborate. Is the game trying to access some protected areas to verify the code is actually protected?

Virtual-On, Outtrigger and Charge'n Blast are my top 3 most wanted. Mostly because the carts are very rare/hard to find...

I always thought the twin-unit version F355 was a single PCB game but looking at this:

breaking_in_05.jpg

(pic source)

it looks like they did indeed stuff 2 boards in a single cage... that's kind of crazy... and disappointing.

Back