What's new

ChuChu Flamingo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Popped this game in and it was working fine. Came back a few minutes and saw this glitching. .Checked voltage immediately and noticed it was fluctuating rapidly from like 5.25-5.35.

Shut off the game and noticed one of my E2 ground pins (bottom rowA) was slightly pulled out. Switched PSU with my NOS E2 one and problem still persist. Put in martial masters and it seems to play fine. Voltage is fine with my NOS PSU. Old PSU is fine now too, but I think the voltage pot when awol or something on it.

Could this be a motherboard issue? If its worth the trouble Ill reseat all the chips that are socketed on the catridge. Probably even reseat the cartridge connector to the motherboard. Im not against buying another motherboard.

hopefully the psu didn't just omnomonom my game/the ground . I rather it be the motherboard.

Thanks.

Below is a video.

Last edited:
Alright opened it and reseat some roms/pals. Cleaned it up more and even reseated the cartridge connection.
Martial Masters seems to play fine when I booted it in. Cleaned the pins again but they are shiny. No change.

Any chance this is just a dud pgm board?

For the love of your e2 add a 100v step down transformer and fix your jamma harness pins. Then adjust the psu to Run the game at 5.0v before anything else! Don’t run anything else on that thing at 120v!

Yeah I didn't keep it running. Voltage is at 5.07-5.08 now on the lowest settings for pgm. CPS2 at the same setting is 4.72 and runs fine ironically, cps1 is like 4.94. I forgot to mention that. I've had this cabinet for seven years.

the old one seems fine now, but it was flucuating rapidly from 5.25-5.35 possibly due to a bad vol pot/capacitors. The pot is bent slightly for some reason. My NOS is straight. It acts fine now but for safety reasons I am going to keep my NOS one in.

But yeah I took out the old psu and put in the NOS one.

I do plan to get that stepdown..

Last edited:
Alright got a stepdown converter.With no load on the PSU it was at 5.80 before. With the stepdown converter it was at 4.90. MVS and PGM were unable to go below 5.05 volts at 120 AC with the the voltage pot on lowest. With the stepdown converter the lowest is 4.25 volts lol. Adjusted it and all is fine.

This is for the M1300010B Taito official PSU. Both my old one and NOS behave the same.

So yeah just a warning to people this PSU kinda sucks. Definitely going to replace with a new switching psu. Since it is a Linear PSU the 5v will vary based on incoming AC voltage. Every volt of AC seems to add or minus .01 on your 5v. So what must have happened is my incoming AC must have went up to 130 or so affecting the 5v.

tried the gladiator cart in two other pgm boards and it still has glitches. Does anyone repair these? Should be repairable unless the custom asic took a shit.

Got a new Shen Jian, but would love to fix this glitching one. Anyone fix these? I've already messaged channelmaniac and he said nope.

Put the glitchy Shen Jian in your mobo and turn it on. Once you get to the part where all the lines appear, reach down, grab one
side of the cart and slowly work it out of the slot a little. If that doesn't clear the lines, reseat it and try the other side. I know it
sounds crazy, but I have to work the right side of my cart out of the slot a little or I get vertical lines through the background. My cart
is clean, the mobo is clean, but I have to do that every time I play it. Give it a shot.

Back