What's new

MostroVeneno

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi my friends,

I was trying to adjust this chassis in astro city cab, and was working uncomfortable without space. While i thought i was dialing the v.lin pot i was cranking the VR pot ( Voltage regulator? B+ adj? ) and .......does not power anymore.
The chassis beeps intermittent, i think the proctection circuit is doing its job.
Hey, can anyone give advice on this? i haven´t been able to find Wei-ya 2228h diagram at all.
What should i be looking to fix or replace? the HOT or other transistors, capacitors?
i attach pics for reference, i would appreciate any help! :)
I know it´s not a premium chassis maybe for the trouble but the only one i have right now!
Maybe master @nem could guide for simple steps?

20190923_215908.jpg

20190923_225556.jpg

20190923_225524.jpg

Here you can see pot (vr101)

20190923_225605.jpg

Last edited:
I would start by checking the HOT. Set your multimeter to continuity and probe the outer and center leg, if you get a dead short, it'll be blown. The HOT is one of the large transistors that is screwed down to the heatsink. If you don't want to look up part numbers or a follow traces from the flyback, just probe them all.

i´ll try that and hope it´s one of the transistors and a simple fix :thumbsup: , thanks my friend nem for your answer !

Back