What's new

ikamusume

Student
Reaction score
OK... I've got a Bubble System motherboard from France.

I know why the Japanese raise the market price even though it's already a ridiculous price, but the Bubble System PCB itself is very common. Someday the price will go down.

However I'm still looking for a non-working Bubble System PCB and Konami's "City Bomber" PCB. I really wish someone would kindly sell one to me. It is for my research.

That PCB is half dead anyway. It loads data from a bubble memory, but displays nothing(video sync alive)and sometimes the load sequence stops in the middle. Think several Fujitsu TTLs are bad. This PCB is notorious for its poor soldering, faulty TTLs and DRAMs.

I'm planning to test custom ASICs and replace nearly all TTLs in the near future.

Plus, good news. I correctly dumped Bubble System TwinBee. Has been checked on a real machine. I hope MAME will support this soon.

Attachments

• EE_pr_LU8AATsdl.jpg
    EE_pr_LU8AATsdl.jpg
    648.4 KB · Views: 528
Can you describe the process of dumping Bubble System games? I am also interested in the process for the reverse, restoration of data onto a corrupted cartridge.

Either way, happy to hear you got it dumped successfully - thanks for doing that.

It is good news that, aside from the aforementioned problems, the custom ICs in the GX400 family have been pretty reliable, in my experience.

Fantastic!

Why are you interested in City Bomber? I just bought one. If there's any info I can provide, let me know.

Fantastic!

Why are you interested in City Bomber? I just bought one. If there's any info I can provide, let me know.
City Bomber uses a same VRAM board as the Bubble System. I'd like to make an FPGA replacement for six custom ASIC chips on there. It is difficult to hang logic analyzer probes on a Bubble System VRAM board because that is flipped.

Back