What's new

Zitz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey y’all i was wandering , would it be possible to install the rotating mech thats in the egret 2 into a Atomiswave sd?

possible, but you'd also need to move over the tube, and the bezel that covers the monitor. the flat tube that's in the awsd, will not rotate properly in the mechanism, from what i've gathered, and since you'd need to move the tube, you'd also need the egret2's bezel, as the awsd's bezel is for a flat tube.

possible, but you'd also need to move over the tube, and the bezel that covers the monitor. the flat tube that's in the awsd, will not rotate properly in the mechanism, from what i've gathered, and since you'd need to move the tube, you'd also need the egret2's bezel, as the awsd's bezel is for a flat tube.
Correct. The rotation mech isn't the right dimensions for the flat tube.

FWIW an AWSD/Egret 3 rotation mech is in development.

hopefully it will work on my sanwa pfx tubes as well, as that's whats in my awsds

hopefully it will work on my sanwa pfx tubes as well, as that's whats in my awsds
We will find out!

I have no idea how those compare unfortunately. Did you have to do anything to make the pfx fit in the AWSD? Sits flush with the bezel? Same mounting? Etc.

had to remove the tube from the regular frame, and mount it into the AWSD frame, and then into the cabinet.

The chassis shelf, is bolted into the cab...so i assume you'd have to unhook the flyback, ground, yoke wires, and degauss before rotating...which doesn't make the rotation anywhere as easy as an egret2, to my understanding.

Ohhh true i didnt take into consideration the flat tube and the bezel ,,, thanks for thr feedback , if i ever rotate it ill just have to do it the old fashioned way

possible, but you'd also need to move
Correct. The rotation mech isn't the right dimensions for the flat tube.FWIW an AWSD/Egret 3 rotation mech is in development.
ohhh hell yeh thats good to know how do I follow that current project
Whenever I get an AWSD or even just the monitor out of one and I can be sure it works with both of the E3 monitors I'll be posting and taking interest.

At the moment I have an E3 but it has the Toshiba PF in it, which isn't very common at all and I don't want to just assume it'll work with the more common monitor as well.

I have a samsung tube in mine hooked in with the trisync wei-ya chassis i really need to upgrade it

I replaced the weiya in my e3 with a toshiba pf. If you want to come ferry a sanwa monitor from sacramento back to KC you can take the old weiya.
@rewrite

I replaced the weiya in my e3 with a toshiba pf. If you want to come ferry a sanwa monitor from sacramento back to KC you can take the old weiya.
@rewrite
No offense, but the weiya is not worth it at 10mpg and a 20 hour trip. Ha.

But I appreciate the offer.

Back