What's new

buffster

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello, I'm bit new about this whole harness things. I bought "SNK VS CAPCOM" Chaos PCB off from craigslist. I have been hook up all three of my cabinet and none work. It's only show black screen and no audio.
I'm not sure the seller sold me broken PBC (He claim it working before sold to me) or just wrong pinout?? I look for dirt and damage. No damage and look perfectly fine and look almost like NEW! Do you guys think minor different pinout between PCB and harness suppose to work anyway??

Here my cabinets harness pinout:

My cabinet naomi harness:

bIM8hgy.png

My cabinet with BIG RED NEO GEO MVS with 2 slot games:

9JTjCzL.png

This is SNK VS CAPCOM CHAOS PCB pinout:

SI5KdHn.png

Definitely don't plug it into the NeoGeo cabinet... MVS and JAMMA *ARE* different, and you will do damage.

As for why it doesn't work on the Naomi cab, not sure. Did you make sure to see that it worked when you were at the seller's place?

Definitely don't plug it into the NeoGeo cabinet... MVS and JAMMA *ARE* different, and you will do damage.

As for why it doesn't work on the Naomi cab, not sure. Did you make sure to see that it worked when you were at the seller's place?
Got it, won't hook this one with neo geo. Thanks!

So. my naomi cab should be working for this PCB then?

No, we meet up at pubic parking lot by the pizza place. I guess I should've ask for pictures or video to see if the game work before we meet. Oh well.

Got it, won't hook this one with neo geo. Thanks!
So. my naomi cab should be working for this PCB then?

No, we meet up at pubic parking lot by the pizza place. I guess I should've ask for pictures or video to see if the game work before we meet. Oh well.
A few simple things to check.

before plugging in the board, make sure the pins on the pcb are clean. There are many ways to do this .i.e. eraser, contact cleaner etc. Also, when you plug in the board, make 100% sure that the harness is plugged in the right way. If you put it on upside down you will kill the board.

Last, make sure the harness pins line up with the pins on the pcb. If thy dont line up, you can have trouble as well.

Good luck

Back