What's new

ChadPhilip

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello all!

My name is Chad. I'm a programmer/technologist, I play a lot of baseball, and like all of you I long for the days when arcades were a thing. (Well, they still are, but you know what I mean.)

I bought a supergun more than 15 years ago and a small handful of games, but only just bought my first cabinet two years ago (CPS2). I'm now on a quest to build a CPS3 system. I currently have a strong lead on a Big Blue cabinet and am still looking for the CPS3 hardware. If you know anyone who is selling, please let me know!

My buddy is on these forums (Dr. Willy) and he is the main operator in our town. He recommended that I create an account and connect with Darksoft and some of the other CPS3 wizards that are here.

After the CPS3 cab is done, I plan on eventually getting Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, and F-Zero AX. I might need to buy a Ghosts N Goblins too, since owning that game is the only way I'm ever going to finish it!

Oh man I too have always wanted a F-Zero AX cab, but damn its just too big for my little apartment.
I settled for the Gamecube version (yea if you use an Action Replay you can actually play AX in addition to GX, both versions are on the disc).

uLrpgQd.png

Back when it came out, I played F-Zero GX extensively and actually unlocked the six arcade tracks, so it can be done without codes. The sit-down cabinet is just too cool though... Sega did a fantastic job with the steering wheel and controls.

Back