What's new
No, it's 24k.
And Fighting Vipers is 15k?
KLOV says 24?
All model 1, 2 and 3 are 24k.
Alright, so I was wrong, but I don't know what any of that means? It looks fine now that I adjusted the Horizontal Hold... And it was also running fine prior to recap and after the recap. So to suddenly tell me it's 24k does nothing to help me.

EDIT: Studying the manual for the monitor, to change my monitor from 24hz to 15hz would have required me to unplug and plug in the horizontal frequency selector tap. I am unsure as to why this solution was suggested when I specifically mentioned "I did not touch the monitor".

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that you were doing the cross hatch test with a Model 2 board. That pictures looks exactly like when you put the header on low and run a 24k game. Having just had the monitor apart I figured you may have put the header in the wrong spot. Sorry to have attempted to help you man. Hate to put you out like that.

I wasn't aware that you were doing the cross hatch test with a Model 2 board. That pictures looks exactly like when you put the header on low and run a 24k game. Having just had the monitor apart I figured you may have put the header in the wrong spot. Sorry to have attempted to help you man. Hate to put you out like that.
You have nothing to apologize for. I was being a testy jerk because I thought I broke my new toy. I sincerely apologize. I am a noob in this field and should not bark and bite at those who are more experienced in the field...

24khz is pretty much not something you ever see anyone running. So the assumption would normally be that you're running something in 15k. And when you run a 15k game with the monitor set to 24k it looks a good bit like what you'd posted.

24khz is pretty much not something you ever see anyone running. So the assumption would normally be that you're running something in 15k. And when you run a 15k game with the monitor set to 24k it looks a good bit like what you'd posted.
Yeah, I was a jackass for trying to argue something I know basically nothing about. Again, apologies to all.

BTW - I have the opportunity to buy this monitor (MS8-26SU) - is it suitable replacement for sega aero city cab with MS8-26SE (100V)?

BTW - I have the opportunity to buy this monitor (MS8-26SU) - is it suitable replacement for sega aero city cab with MS8-26SE (100V)?
It is, yes.

Most SUs came out of driving games, so just make sure the burn in is acceptable to you.

Back