What's new
even with $60-$80 worth of shipping from Japan
I mentioned this in your tutorial thread and wanted it documented here, too, in case others reference it.

Is this estimate based on SAL shipping? Buyee has a current limit of 2000 grams on SAL, and a Lindbergh weighs in at about 9000 grams packaged up, so is not eligible for reasonable speed shipping at this price. The only shipping option in this range for me was the 60 day sea shipping.

It might be worth clarifying in your post in case someone doesn't read through this thread.

even with $60-$80 worth of shipping from Japan
I mentioned this in your tutorial thread and wanted it documented here, too, in case others reference it.
Is this estimate based on SAL shipping? Buyee has a current limit of 2000 grams on SAL, and a Lindbergh weighs in at about 9000 grams packaged up, so is not eligible for reasonable speed shipping at this price. The only shipping option in this range for me was the 60 day sea shipping.

It might be worth clarifying in your post in case someone doesn't read through this thread.
I didn't realize the limit was so low for buyee.. the price I listed in this thread was just an off the top of my head guestimate based on other stuff I've bought in the past.

When I bought my lindbergh I had it shipped SAL but I used shopping Mall Japan, and I had it shipped with a few other boards for about $100 so I figured a bit smaller box would put it in the $80 range... $60 if you took the slow boat.

"Ship freight" - does that mean you can use them to buy cabs?

There's a nice jaleco pony-25 listed at the moment and its one of my favourite cabs (next to the windy-II).
I looked into this and there's a limit of up to 30kg (~65lbs) so arcade cabinets are out.also costs seem to run about $1000 to the US. more information here: http://buyee.jp/help/yahoo/guide/large-package
Buyee and FromJapan will definitely ship entire cabinets. I've received quotes from each. They ship FedEx and UPS, 2-3 day air, somewhere around $1200 for your average candy cabinet for *just* international shipping, you'll also need to pay from its location in Japan to the warehouse of the proxy service. Rinkya and SMJ will not ship a cab.

"Ship freight" - does that mean you can use them to buy cabs?

There's a nice jaleco pony-25 listed at the moment and its one of my favourite cabs (next to the windy-II).
I looked into this and there's a limit of up to 30kg (~65lbs) so arcade cabinets are out.also costs seem to run about $1000 to the US. more information here: http://buyee.jp/help/yahoo/guide/large-package
Buyee and FromJapan will definitely ship entire cabinets. I've received quotes from each. They ship FedEx and UPS, 2-3 day air, somewhere around $1200 for your average candy cabinet for *just* international shipping, you'll also need to pay from its location in Japan to the warehouse of the proxy service. Rinkya and SMJ will not ship a cab.
Yup, Buyee is the best for the large items. I had to go with another freight shipper (and arrange some of the import transaction) for my shipping though for Buyee. I think when I did the order they weren't too familiar with handling cabs.

However, a much better experience than dealing with a previous seller that was plain shady.

Yup, Buyee is the best for the large items. I had to go with another freight shipper (and arrange some of the import transaction) for my shipping though for Buyee. I think when I did the order they weren't too familiar with handling cabs.

However, a much better experience than dealing with a previous seller that was plain shady.
The one thing that FedEx/UPS have going for them with freight shipments is they take care of customs. It's literally just pay, and it shows up at your door 2-3 days later.

Much better experience than I had with a previous shady seller as well. Ten month wait. Maybe we've got the same shady guy :P.

I received my Lindbergh today and it checks out for having all the recommended parts, but I won't have a chance to test anything today. Shipping was expensive, but it sure came fast. I think once they shipped it, it took 3 days to arrive at my door. Less than a week turnaround from winning to receipt.

I paid for protective packaging and I think this box would have survived being thrown out of an airplane! Buyee gets an A+ in my book for convenience and service. I may just need to bid more conservatively in the future to make up for potentially expensive shipping, or opt for sea mail.

Looks like a booting Lindbergh! This one came with Virtua Tennis installed. I don't have proper controls wired up since I have a driving cab, so couldn't confirm anything with i/o other than credit and start which worked fine, so I don't have i/o concerns. The only thing I didn't get to test was sound, which I'm less concerned about.

Is there a way to shut down the Lindbergh without a power cut? Seems like it would be hard on the system.

IMG_20160424_112606.jpg

The only thing I didn't get to test was sound
Just so you know some games use the on-board audio ports and other games use the audio ports on the card. I'm pretty sure all of the driving games use the PCI card for audio output. Also, the only games that use the rear output channels are Lets Go Jungle and Afterburner.

Threads like this may be contributing to high Lindbergh prices on YAJ. :P I was keeping an eye on a Yellow hoping I might be able to get it for around $100, and it climbed to over $200.

In my limited sampling over the past week, I've only seen a Red EX end at just under $100. Silver units without the recommended parts for a multikit are going for near $200. One silver with recommended parts and VF5 installed went for near $300.

Threads like this may be contributing to high Lindbergh prices on YAJ. I was keeping an eye on a Yellow hoping I might be able to get it for around $100, and it climbed to over $200.
this is exactly the reason I bought my Lindy before making my "how to buy on YAJ" thread :)

Same has happened to Taito-X2's - I picked my X2 up for 6,000 Yen, Since April they've been going for 11,000 Yen (which is pants as I need to get another for dual SF action).

I assume you were watching the Yellow Lindy satellite that finished yesterday - ridiculous money - they were 5,000 Yen at Xmas!

Yeah there used to be yellow lindys all over there. Now you can hardly find them.

When do new games typically get released? I'd imagine that whenever new games come out the ops offload the low earners to make room and they start popping up on YAJ.

OK, so for some more data to add to the trend, during a time over the last week when several Lindberghs were listed I tracked a blue and 2 yellows that went for right at about $100, so it does still happen, just not with me as the winner (I didn't bid on any of them). :)

There's a nice setup on YAJ at the moment - bit too pricey for me though : Full VT3 setup with 2 control panels with card readers, artwork, Yellow lindy, cables etc....

There's a nice setup on YAJ at the moment - bit too pricey for me though : Full VT3 setup with 2 control panels with card readers, artwork, Yellow lindy, cables etc....
That one's been there since this thread started. Looks nice, but shipping would probably put it over $600.

I can smell the cigarettes just looking at that setup... not exactly what I would call "nice"

Back