What's new

winteriscoming

Champion
Reaction score
What are some recommended sources for a Lindbergh in the US?

What should I be looking to pay for a working yellow that I can install the multiboot kit in?

1. Buy from YAJ, Lindbergh prices in the US are way over-inflated, even with $60-$80 worth of shipping from Japan you'll pay less than half importing one as opposed to buying here in the states.
check here: http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/...=&x=0&y=0&ei=UTF-8&slider=0&auccat=2084047781

2. It needs to have a JVS card (with the USB style port on the far right PCI slot), an external Audio card (right next to the JVS card, half the games use the on-board audio the other half use the card), and it needs the "good" Video card which has the VGA port on the bottom and the DVI port on the top.

I believe only the Blue and the Yellow were available in this configuration originally (not all of them so some may be missing one or more of these parts). I believe the Reds only came with the lower specced Video Cards and that's why they're less desirable. (I get the impression that they were a budget version of the Lindbergh).

I only see a couple of Reds on YAJ right now, but the yellows and blues pop up all the time. use the link I posted above and also do a search on the English terms "LINDBERGH" and "LINDBERG". They seem to sell for about 10000 to 12000 Yen ($100-$120) shipped to the states for around $200 all said and done.

EDIT: here's a picture

Attachments

• good_lindy.jpg
    good_lindy.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 3,135
Last edited:
Man, I'm interested in jumping into YAJ and bidding, but the sketchy Google translations of descriptions indicating "junk" make me feel like I'm gambling that I'll get a unit that won't work.

Are there common failure points on Lindberghs?

Man, I'm interested in jumping into YAJ and bidding, but the sketchy Google translations of descriptions indicating "junk" make me feel like I'm gambling that I'll get a unit that won't work.

Are there common failure points on Lindberghs?
if you're worried, wait until a listing appears where they show pictures of screen with the unit booted up.

Thanks for the advice.

Have you ordered much through Buyee? Is it pretty straight forward? From what I'm reading, you bid and they do the legwork for arranging shipping, and charge a percentage of the winning bid?

Thanks for the advice.

Have you ordered much through Buyee? Is it pretty straight forward? From what I'm reading, you bid and they do the legwork for arranging shipping, and charge a percentage of the winning bid?
Buyee is a solid option nowadays. That's just about how it works. Keep in mind they charge you the moment the auction ends.

I just completed my first purchase with Buyee. The whole experience was painless and less expensive than Rinkya. I have no real complaints with Rinkya, their service and packaging is top notch, but you end up paying a lot for it. My Buyee purchase has not arrived yet, but I expect it in the next few weeks.

I have no real complaints with Rinkya, their service and packaging is top notch, but you end up paying a lot for it.
FromJapan is like that as well.

ShoppingMallJapan is a little better priced.

Buyee really has the easiest experience end to end. Packing/service are great, price is really decent now that they've lowered their fees, they're willing to ship freight (not the case with Rinkya or SMJ, FromJapan will, but at an exorbitant cost compared to Buyee), and their site is 1000x easier to deal with than the competition.

"Ship freight" - does that mean you can use them to buy cabs?

There's a nice jaleco pony-25 listed at the moment and its one of my favourite cabs (next to the windy-II).

Well, I won an auction on YAJ for a yellow that looks to have all the correct parts! 8o

It went a little over the estimate from @twistedsymphony (I got a little too excited in the bidding war at the end), but all together I'm hoping to come in under $300 shipped, which is a price I'd insta-buy if I saw it with BIN on eBay or from someone selling on a forum.

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Wow, shipping for my Lindbergh is ending up super expensive. The only cheap option they have is 60 days over sea... the rest of the available options are comparable in price with the fastest 2-4 days being about $130.

They've currently got my package weighing over 8000 grams (over 17 pounds). Do Lindberghs weigh that much or am I getting bricks of lead added in for protection? :P

I'm in central US, so not sure if I'm getting pricier quotes because of that.

All told, shipping is going to put me at over $300 for the Lindbergh that I won at $170.. I'm ok with that as long as it works.

EDIT: I see arcadespareparts.com lists shipping weight of their Lindberghs at 9.91 kg (20 pounds), so I guess shipping weight isn't out of line. I'm ordering the protective packaging option from Buyee, so my shipping weight could climb up to match this.

Last edited:
yeah shipping is always more than you expect and if your going to spend that much you might as well pay a little more for the faster trackable option. Like you said if you saw a buy it now for 330 shipped most of us would be all over it. My ringedge 2 was just as expensive to ship but you just don't see those on eBay period so I could live with it.

I got my lindburgh with the multi preinstalled from darksoft. I paid a little more but the convenience of knowing it was already setup working and supporting darksofts awesome work was well worth the reasonable cost difference to me.

"Ship freight" - does that mean you can use them to buy cabs?

There's a nice jaleco pony-25 listed at the moment and its one of my favourite cabs (next to the windy-II).
I looked into this and there's a limit of up to 30kg (~65lbs) so arcade cabinets are out.
also costs seem to run about $1000 to the US. more information here: http://buyee.jp/help/yahoo/guide/large-package

Shipping for my Lindbergh from Buyee came in at $150 for the fastest shipping, plus protective packaging. Almost as much as I paid for the system!

The shipping options were weird with the fastest 2-4 days being cheaper than the next level which was 5-8 days. I can't remember what the one beyond that was, but all 3 were pretty comparable in price. The 60 day option was about half.

They have a shipping estimator on their site, so you can input what you'd pay for the item, destination country, and weight. My Lindbergh is coming in around 9000 grams. The estimator comes to right about what my total cost was, so as long as you can get a good estimate for weight for your item, you should be able to see ahead of time what you're getting into.

I sea freight almost everything back from Japan to the uk. After I made the mistake of using EMS for a pcb that turned out to be the pcb, psu wiring etc. And about 6Kg.

I sea freight almost everything back from Japan to the uk. After I made the mistake of using EMS for a pcb that turned out to be the pcb, psu wiring etc. And about 6Kg.
I'll likely exercise patience with my next purchase and try the cheapest shipping.

yeah you can save a lot shipping by sea but I usually prefer to spend the extra cash and get it right away.

I'm slow boat kind of guy myself. I've ordered from AmiAmi, Rinkya, Buyee with delivery by sea. It does get a little nerve wracking when there's no update for 2 months and the tracking information is outdated. But it's a nice suprise when the huge box filled with goodies just appears. Taito Tech and RiverService never gave me an option for slower shipping, so those deliveries showed up after a few days, which is nice, but I'm almost never in a rush.

Back