What's new

vholfx

Student
Reaction score
Hey, did you ever got help or made it work? I just finished my netboot build and it's working perfectly, I encountered some issues here and there I had to solve, so I might be able to help, or at least try to.

Did you remember to change the IP address of the NetDIMM?

"The netdimm will need to be configured in static mode with an IP address of 192.168.1.2, netmask of 255.255.255.0, and gateway of 192.168.1.1."

You don't, I think that part does not apply. I just set the IP and that is enough.

You should connect to the PI using ssh and ping the naomi from there, it's easier to troubleshoot too.

1. Download PUTTY client from here https://www.putty.org/
  2. Connect to the PI wireless hotspot
  3. Connect to the PI by SSH connecting to gg.com or any of the PI URLS by using PUTTY
  4. User: root, Pass: raspberry
  5. Ping the naomi from the console, ping 192.168.1.2
You should at least be able to ping it. Let us know.

You should not need a gateway, mine doesn't have it. I'm assuming you are connecting the pi to hdmi or any monitor and keyboard by usb?

I would troubleshoot the ethernet port on the pi by connecting the pi to your computer with the network cable, and trying to ping the pi or ping your pc from the pi, either way works.

Also, take note on the IP you get assigned on the pi by running this on the pi console:

> ifconfig

I have a 3b, some users have reported those images do not work on a 3b+ yet.

Yeah, might be the pi.

Mine worked out of the box with the image I posted, and it has been working fine ever since.

Back