What's new
@radiantsvgun I've got a bunch of broken ones to mess with, so hopefully whatever I find should help?

Current one clicks on, then when it would normally static up the screen just clicks into shutdown. No pops here.
I am going to try a new flyback first and try to cap as much as I can. Anything further and I'm lost.

@radiantsvgun I've got a bunch of broken ones to mess with, so hopefully whatever I find should help?

Current one clicks on, then when it would normally static up the screen just clicks into shutdown. No pops here.
I am going to try a new flyback first and try to cap as much as I can. Anything further and I'm lost.
These have a fairly decent manual available on AO. Not decent enough to include transformer pinouts, but more decent than most.

Power isn't even finding its way to the flyback in my case, so I'm assuming that isn't the issue for now. We'll see though!

So R907 gets read in order to determine if 180v is correct.

So I pulled R907 just to see if it's good, it has a little brownish spots on the bottom so it was worth looking at. And instead of reading 0.15ohm, it reads 0.8ohm. Unfortunately all four off of the chassis I have read 0.8.

Can anyone test their R907 off a working chassis? I mean, sure, it sounds like they're broken, but how weird for all four of them to be the exact same amount of broken?

Okay, chiming in with my work tonight.

New flyback, I don’t get the popping noises anymore, but I still get no neck glow. I am thinking when the flyback went it took other parts with it.

New flyback, I don’t get the popping noises anymore, but I still get no neck glow. I am thinking when the flyback went it took other parts with it.
You can follow a bit of my logic.

See if C921 is getting 180v.

Did you check the HOT already? There will also probably be a Darlington transistor that may have been taken out too.

Did you check the HOT already? There will also probably be a Darlington transistor that may have been taken out too.
I never saw this. I know it's in reply to radiant, but where's this transistor?

HOT is known good, so is the vertical IC. Same issue persists.

Back