What's new

DJLC

Professional
Reaction score
I got a PGM motherboard off eBay and I was able to get my martial masters cart to boot but it crashed a lot.

I took the pcbs out of the cart and inspected them and didn't see an issue. I put it all back together and now the PGM won't boot with the cart in. It'll boot just fine without the game but won't do jack with my MM cart in.

I don't have another game to test unfortunately so I'm looking for ideas.

I got this crash when I could get the game to boot on this mobo

Attachments

• 20191004_173549_resize_52.jpg
    20191004_173549_resize_52.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 191
There's a little toggle switch on the MB, right hand side at front. It clears the ram, hold it on for a few seconds.

I did that and nothing...

For my martial masters cart. Both the PCB have their chips facing upwards, that's correct right?

I had the same issue, fiddling with that toggle switch is what resolved it for me.

Try it in various ways. Powered off, powered on etc, hold it for 10 seconds etc.

Figured it out I think...

Board was upside down when I inspected it. I noticed it was getting really hot.

I flipped it back and got it to boot again but it still crashed.

I tested the voltage and my supergun was outputting 4.91VDC, so I grabbed another PSU and I got it to boot and played a bit.

Wow these things are temperamental.

Apparently the cartridge connectors on early motherboards are a bit flimsy. You can clean them and check for bent pins, or replace them with newer/higher quality slot connectors. They are PC-XT ISA connectors.

Back