What's new

DaveR

Student
Reaction score
Morning all,

Some of you may have seen my recent adventures with a locking up machine. I also been an IT tech for a long time

So, currently outside and taken the yellow lindberg and I can see all the measures they been doing to stop you from doing things to this machine

Someone here has sent me a copy of the re-install DVD, fantastic

So, I grabbed a IDE CDROM from an old machine, plugged it in and put the disc in it.
I been into the Bios, checked the Boot screen and removable media and DVD is above hard drive, so presume this is it.

The CF card boots, I do see a very quick menu and then vanishes, no idea what that says.

I have put a different but matching hard drive in the machine, i done nothing else.

But it tries to boot the game every time instead of seeking the DVD rom, so trying to get an F11 boot menu working but no avai

I read that its possible with a USB DVD Rom, is that right? I need to scrap IDE plan for USB?

What do I do?

Yes, you need a compatible USB DVD ROM drive. The HD-DVD drive from the 360 is one such drive. If you can find one, you can probably pick it up for next to nothing.

Alternatively, Yaton sells original drives for a fair price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123730620775

yeah - i do have another kind of USB DVD rom drive that might be worth a try. So I presuming the Lindbergh boot software goes looking for the drive at some point.

AH it is a LG USB writer based one, hopefully that will work.

Surprisingly the IODD worked fine for me. (IODD is an optical disk emulator where you pick an iso image from a hard drive and it presents the image as a USB DVD drive).

Model I used was an IODD 2541
A friend of mine currently has two cabs with dead hdd's, do you happen to have an iso image for the installation disc ? ^^

Back