What's new
I have a hotd2 which I'm looking to netboot to take advantage of some other shooters. I am using a naomi but I'm unsure which model I have. When running the HOTD2 GDROM its really slow (graphics). Is there something I can do to fix this? I REALLY would love to have HOTD as an available option. I see above this is common, my normal memory board works. Do I need to switch the BIOS?

Last edited:
When running the HOTD2 GDROM its really slow (graphics). Is there something I can do to fix this? I REALLY would love to have HOTD as an available option. I see above this is common, my normal memory board works. Do I need to switch the BIOS?
HOTD2 requires a special bios to run properly. this special bios is incompatible with net booting.

So if you want to play HOTD2 you need to swap in the correct bios and then swap your Net-DIMM for a HOTD2 cart.

There is work being done to get HOTD2 running on a normal bios so that it can be net-booted and run properly, but AFAIK this hasn't been completed yet.

When running the HOTD2 GDROM its really slow (graphics). Is there something I can do to fix this? I REALLY would love to have HOTD as an available option. I see above this is common, my normal memory board works. Do I need to switch the BIOS?
HOTD2 requires a special bios to run properly. this special bios is incompatible with net booting.
So if you want to play HOTD2 you need to swap in the correct bios and then swap your Net-DIMM for a HOTD2 cart.

There is work being done to get HOTD2 running on a normal bios so that it can be net-booted and run properly, but AFAIK this hasn't been completed yet.
Awwww. I wonder how I can best achieve that. Guess I wont always have a HOTD2 for now. I can rotate. Is this the best thread to sub to?

I'm not sure if my google ability is failing me, but is there a crackin dj part 2 netboot bin? I'm trying to help make a cart for my friend who owns a cab. Or just a pre-cracked IC22.bin.

Was Mars TV ever patched to work with DIMM?

I was looking to see what games I could use with my Bishi Bashi panel and this game looks like it would fit well but I didn't see it listed.

Nope,
I tried to make a bin file with the Naomiconvert program.
It boots up, but chrashes shortly after and comes back with an error.
Can start a game if I’m fast enought though.

Ok guys, so fairly new to all this although I got my NetDimm Naomi 2 system up and running thanks to a few folks. I had someone pre-configure my Raspberry Pi and SD Card and it's working but here is my problem.

Looks like many of the roms loaded are Japanese versions as many menus are in Japanese. More specifically, I had read someone had made a hacked version of Marvel vs Capcom 2, US version with all characters unlocked. I have downloaded the version from this forum that says it is the hacked version, but all characters are locked. On top of that, it still has some options in Japanese.

I am deleting the version on the SD card and replacing with the renamed version of the US hack. What am I doing wrong here? Any help would be appreciated.

So I have the multi bios when I set up the Naomi 2, I did not adjust the region though. That would cause the problem I am seeing? Cause the game actually does play, it's just not in 100% English and with the characters unlocked.

Has anyone figured out a creative way to change the dip switches without going into the machine and essentially “on the fly”? Having to pull out the cabinet and take the back off to change regions is no easy task.

So I have the multi bios when I set up the Naomi 2, I did not adjust the region though. That would cause the problem I am seeing? Cause the game actually does play, it's just not in 100% English and with the characters unlocked.
I haven’t messed with it in a while, but it’s simple to try right? USA is:

2 ON
3 OFF

Hi there, so I switched dip to USA and that fixed the English menu issue, thanks!!

Characters are still not unlocked though. Does someone maybe have a link to the version that has all characters unlocked? I downloaded the hack version from the forum but again, not sure if there is something I am missing. Thanks!

Thanks so much, that did the trick. Also lots of other games on there so thanks again!

Am I right that wild riders won't work? Rom boots but about a minute later hits error 22. Is there a fix? Every other game works fine. Read there was some security implementation.

Last edited:
Can you see Out triggers?

I have an issu for going in the bios (black sreen), it's not possible to play in local lan without settings bios.

Anyone know if Toukon Retsuden 4 Arcade Edition was ever patched to work on the Net DIMM?

Back