What's new
I've never played it but I will test it in a few hours when i get home and see what is needed.

Consider the Gun Survivor to be Beta. There are still some issues. If you get an error 21 go to the test menu and exit, then the game will boot. (probably)

Wow; great stuff! Whoever is doing these update files - keep going!!
I have the trackball I/O for Virtua Golf and it works great with the net boot Naomi. So it will also work with Outrigger? Can you use a standard joystick with the trackball I/O and play the game effectively? Looking forward to trying this and being able to use the trackball for more than just Virtua Golf.

Great to hear about Wild Riders - I have been waiting to play Wild Riders via net boot and great to see it finally available as a rom file and works with the S-JIHP!

Here is my list of games that were not available for net boot via a rom file: Updating with the games now being available and removed from this list. If some of these are available and I don't know it, please let me know.
Charge n Blast
ExZeus
F1 World Grand Prix
F355 Challenge
Gun Beat
Gun Survivor 2: Biohazzard
Ninja Assault
Out Triggers
Shootout Pool

The House of the Dead 2
Virtual On
Wild Riders
World Kicks

Last edited:
I have the trackball I/O for Virtua Golf and it works great with the net boot Naomi. So it will also work with Outrigger?
yes, afaik both games uses (almost) same I/O
Nice, I imagine you still need S-JIHP and a gun setup?
technically there is not gun, but analog rotary stick
(same principle as Ikari Warriors or Midnight Resistance sticks but full analogue)
this game also supports Dreamcast controller plugged in MAPLE port

Last edited:
its called "Shikigami no Shiro 2"
you can also remove from list:
Charge n Blast
ExZeus
F1 World Grand Prix
Gun Beat
they are not dumped, and I doubt some of them will be found and dumped in decent future

also "F355 Challenge" is NAOMI multiboard game, so it can be run on special hardware only

Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Ninja Assault and House of the Dead 2 are the big ones - any chance of seeing these gun games available for net boot?

So what exactly is needed for Gun Survivor 2 to work? A rotary stick? A special I/O board is needed, but the beta provided above will allow play without the I/O board and as Mitz states it doesn't quite work yet? It looks like a gun game in most pictures online - just wondering what it takes to get this one working.

Last edited:
Nice, I imagine you still need S-JIHP and a gun setup?
(same principle as Ikari Warriors or Midnight Resistance sticks but full analogue)
this game also supports Dreamcast controller plugged in MAPLE port
Very cool, I'll have to give the DC controller option a shot soon. I thought it was a possibility being a Capcom game and all.

I tried to Run Crazy Taxi on Naomi 2. Did any of you have succesfully loaded it in a Naomi 1 or 2 bin?

Crazy Taxi loads fine on my Naomi 2 via net boot.
18 wheeler doesn't load well - has scrambled video. Sound is fine.
Anyone have 18 wheeler working well on Naomi2 net boot?

I'm using CF. Anyone had success using CF?

Ninja Assault and House of the Dead 2 are the big ones - any chance of seeing these gun games available for net boot?

So what exactly is needed for Gun Survivor 2 to work? A rotary stick? A special I/O board is needed, but the beta provided above will allow play without the I/O board and as Mitz states it doesn't quite work yet? It looks like a gun game in most pictures online - just wondering what it takes to get this one working.
Ninja Assault uses a special I/O board that connects the VGA output sync signal for use with a traditional style CRT Light gun (lower right). so that game is unplayable unless you have one of those boards. It also uses some video signal converter that separates the sync signal for use with the special I/O board (the small board on top of the NAOMI in the pic below)
ninjaassault.jpg

As for House of the Dead 2. As I understand it, it makes use of a different graphics chip that is only present on very early revision NAOMI boards. It also uses a different BIOS that is specific to that hardware revision and does not support Net-Booting.

Seems to work fine on my setup... NAOMI 2 with Rev C Multi bios.

VOOT seems to be going into Test menu whenever I load it. I can go through the NAOMI test menu fine but it seems funky in the VOOT game test menu, and it exits to a black screen. I'm thinking it may be my IO board (crossed some wires a few months back, but works fine in other games like cosmic smash and ikaruga), but I'm curious what setups you guys are using to get it to work?

I've loaded up my Capcom I/O and gotten past the test mode thing, but no controls work within VOOT. (Work in the JVS Test menu item though, but I think it doesn't register because it's Capcom instead of Sega)

The setup I'm using is:

Naomi Bios 21576H Japan
Netdimm 512mb 4.02 with zerokey
Sega I/O "Rev. B" 838-13683
Piforce 1.4

Naomi also has the supercap removed. Naomi game assignments are set to 2 player (also tried 1 player) and horizontal screen.

EDIT: New replacement JAMMA I/O fixed it.

Last edited:

Ninja Assault uses a special I/O board that connects the VGA output sync signal for use with a traditional style CRT Light gun (lower right). so that game is unplayable unless you have one of those boards. It also uses some video signal converter that separates the sync signal for use with the special I/O board (the small board on top of the NAOMI in the pic below)
ninjaassault.jpg

As for House of the Dead 2. As I understand it, it makes use of a different graphics chip that is only present on very early revision NAOMI boards. It also uses a different BIOS that is specific to that hardware revision and does not support Net-Booting.
house of the dead 2 works on other revision, not just revA.
The graphical glitch on 'netboot'file makes me think about STV graphics decrypt system.

BTW, gun games can be playable by using gun2naomi from my friend aganyte

house of the dead 2 works on other revision, not just revA.
We did a bunch of testing. On a standard Naomi, loading HOTD2 will boot but it's unplayable because it runs extremely slowly and has massive gfx issues. The interesting thing is that I decased my netDIMM and installed it in my HOTD2 pcb and netbooted the game and it runs EXACTLY the same as it did on the normal Naomi. So it may just be a bios thing after all.

Back