What's new
@Mitsurugi-w
my mistake, it seems can't be played using DC gamepad,
however this game detects gamepad and constantly poll buttons status (and I was mistakenly thinking uses this data), but purpose is unknown, perhaps this is some code leftovers from home version, or debug/development stuff.

@Mitsurugi-w
my mistake, it seems can't be played using DC gamepad,
however this game detects gamepad and constantly poll buttons status (and I was mistakenly thinking uses this data), but purpose is unknown, perhaps this is some code leftovers from home version, or debug/development stuff.
Gotcha thanks.

np, btw its a good sign, I suppose it'll be not that hard to add or enable DC gamepad support in this game, if someone have enough will and skills to analyze this game.

np, btw its a good sign, I suppose it'll be not that hard to add or enable DC gamepad support in this game, if someone have enough will and skills to analyze this game.
I won't be holding my breath for that to happen. ;)

I won't be holding my breath for that to happen. ;)
That's one way to put it.
Modifying existing settings (like swapping what one button does) in a game is one thing.. actually adding NEW code to a fully built game, especially something as tied into every part of the game as controller support, is a MASSIVE undertaking, that would require a custom solution for each and every game...

If you simply MUST play a game on a controller, you're better off adding a decoder to the controller hardware to talk to the JVS board as digital and analog outputs, and on the upside, it'll work with any game that is wired about the same.

Ok; I am net booting the Mario Kart GP and Mario Kart GP2 on my Type 3 Triforce and it will net boot initially fine, however, when I look to load another game, the IP address automatically reverts back to another IP (not the correct one for net booting) and I can't change it - or at least it won't save int eh test menu - and I am unable to net boot another game without restarting everything. It is different than the hard reset required for the Atomiswave and some Naomi games - the Raspberry Pi looses the network connection (as the IP address is wrong) but it works great for the other Triforce games. Anyone else experience this and how to get around it? Why won't it save the correct IP address and why revert back to a different IP that doesn't work for net booting? If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Yes. I've noticed this on all driving cabs. Seems to be related to what group, id and game you're using. Whatever is causing it, it will not save the ip address.

I solved this on my raspberry pi by checking ip addresses on the network before running the netboot.py script. I don't have access to it right now, but something like "sudo arp-scan --interface=eth0 --localnet" should return ip on network.

When you know what ip your naomis have, it's simply a matter of running the netboot script with them as a target.

That's an ugly hack though... It would be nice to know why it's changing.

Thanks for the reply. If you have a chance to provide the exact script used and where it is placed; I would greatly appreciate it. It is an annoying issue with the Mario Kart games and if the script change can address it - that would be great until it is resolved as far as "why" it's changing. If you are willing to share the exact script language and location - that would be great!

I'll see what I can do. Right now my driving cab is in pieces at the bottom of a ton of stuff in the shed, so hard to get to it. Otherwise I would have posted it right away.

It might actually be faster for me to just rewrite the script from scratch right now. :P

Tested some of these games. Everything seemed to be fine, except that outtrigger would crash if you tried to go into test mode. That stopped me from testing network mode. That was on a Naomi2 mobo though, I may try it on a NAOMI 1 just to see.

This time it's not a fix, but a new release. It's the recently dumped Marvel vs Capcom 2 for USA, not sure is there gameplay differences compared to previous set since both is Rev.A, but at least it was totally different ROM board type, and used different protection scheme.

Check 1st post of this thread

returning to 256MB games on 256MB DIMMs issues -
did some examination of DIMM firmware, and as I supposed end of DIMM memory holding various service information. for example copy of game DES key stored at offset DIMM_size-0x10008 (at least in 2.x firmwares).
that's why game binary size cannot be near close to DIMM size.

PS: does anyone have stock (not updated) firmware(s) dump(s) ? pm me please if yes

did some examination of DIMM firmware, and as I supposed end of DIMM memory holding various service information. for example copy of game DES key stored at offset DIMM_size-0x10008 (at least in 2.x firmwares).that's why game binary size cannot be near close to DIMM size.
returning to this...
after some work on DIMM research and emulation, its more likely in VxWorks-based firmwares (i.e. 2.x+) have DES-decryption disabled for last 16MB of DIMM memory, so actual game binary can be 240MB max.
all GD-ROM games fits in this limit, except Senko No Ronde NEW ver. (GDL-0030A) which is almost 256MB.

on other hand, Sega's DIMM board firmware 1.02 enable decryption for full DIMM RAM size, so in theory Senko NEW ver may work even on 256MB regular (not Net) DIMM boards.
it'll be nice if someone can check this assumption :rolleyes: (I.e. have this game and regular GD-DIMM with stock 1.02 firmware)

I just noticed this thread..yeah even though it's a sticky lol. Thanks to whomever worked on these!

I did notice I have a similar issue to one posted earlier about Virtual On. When netbooting on a Naomi 2 it first went to test menu. Accessing the game test lags for a bit switching options then freezes. Tried booting again and this time booted to game but none of the inputs work including pushing test directly on the Naomi 2.

My setup: Naomi 2 Rev C BIOS, 4.02 netdimm 512mb, Sega JAMMA IO Rev B

Wondering if anyone successfully booted/played with a Naomi 2?

Edit: Tried this on a Naomi 1 as well with multibios, same dimm and io..same problem blah

Last edited:
Anyone have a working outriggers netboot image they could share ... for science ? :D

@rtw
be sure to have special IOs this game require, btw msg #33 in this topic says CrazyTaxi is working via netboot

Back