What's new

BroadwayJose

Professional
Reaction score
I currently have my TTX2 setup connected via Sega JVS IO. Works fine in my setup but I don't have access to button 6 through the Jamma edge and don't currently have a way to access the extra buttons via CN3 connector. Was hoping to use the Capcom IO instead but the system does not recognize this IO. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, since the same Capcom IO works perfectly with my Naomi. Is this style IO not supported for TTX2?

I currently have my TTX2 setup connected via Sega JVS IO. Works fine in my setup but I don't have access to button 6 through the Jamma edge and don't currently have a way to access the extra buttons via CN3 connector. Was hoping to use the Capcom IO instead but the system does not recognize this IO. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, since the same Capcom IO works perfectly with my Naomi. Is this style IO not supported for TTX2?
Capcom IO works perfectly with the Tx2, but this won't solve your problem with button 6 via jamma, of course.
You Always need to connect a kick harness.

Right, the Capcom IO has a kick harness connection and that's what my cabinet is wired for right now. My issue is getting this IO to work with TTX2. It's not being recognized by the TTX2 hardware.

Capcom I/O works fine with the TTX2. Hard to debug if we don't have more info surrounding your setup:
  • What kind of cabinet?
  • What model TTX2? Check the white sticker on top of the case
  • Is the JAMMA edge outputting enough power? Check with a DMM.
  • Stupid question - are you plugging the USB cable in the right port? I'm going to guess yes, since the SEGA adapter works, but...
  • What is the exact issue you are seeing? Is the board not recognized? Is the system refusing to boot at all? Something else?
  • Anything else we should know about your setup?

The message I see when I start the X2 connected to the Capcom IO is this:

Waiting for I/O board...
No I/O boards detected!
Check I/O board connection and restart X2.

Here's my X2 info:

https://imgur.com/gallery/LHqnBNS

As far as everything else, I'm trying to work with a Jamma cabinet that has no problem with anything else I've thrown at it, including Atomiswave, CPS2, or that same Capcom IO connected to a Naomi 2. I'll grab a voltmeter and measure a little later on but what kind of voltage should I be shooting for in order for this setup to work with an X2?

I'll probably test this out with a supergun Jamma setup also, using a different power supply.

Make sure you have the Capcom I/O plugged into the "JVS Port" and not just any USB port. Even though it uses a USB cable, it is NOT USB.

It's correct, as far as I'm aware. Same cable and same port on the X2 (the one labeled "Jamma") that the Sega IO was connected to.

Never even seen a TTX2 with that GPU or CPU.

What game are you booting off that thing? A multi?

Back