What's new
Thought this would be of interest to people in this sub, Yaton's unearthed some goodies:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TAITO-Type-X-mothe-rboard-w-half-life-2-game-new-kit/123939092442
I've been looking for a proper Taito X kit for a multi.
How much more would I need to do to make this a multi???
It's just a hacked drive right???

All things considered, that's not too bad for being in box.
Outside of pubes in my Taito G-Net, ole Yaton hasn't done me dirty.

EDIT:
So these are just X+ units.
Is there a specific model i should look for? X3? X2?

Last edited:
Nice one.

I forget if the multi has been tested to work on the TTX+, it probably has and it does.

The only thing with these old motherboards they need the caps to be replaced, they usually bulge an end up with a non working MB, then when you to replace the caps, sometimes the MB blows up anyway. Its like the rest of the components also go bad. Have had these happen to 2 TTX MBs.

I forget if the multi has been tested to work on the TTX+, it probably has and it does.
Niko's Multi (or rather technically the games you'd expect to play on Niko's Multi) only work on TTX2
There is a Multi made by RTW for TTX1, it only includes the TTX1 games (since TTX2 games can't run on TTX2 hardware). A Freeware Taito TypeX Multigame

As for TTX+ I have one and so far I've been unable to get RTW's multi running on it. Only 1 other person I know of has even tried, Penhros and said it works after swapping the GPU to a TTX1 GPU. : A Freeware Taito TypeX Multigame
A good way to determine which games are for TTX1 vs TTX2, TTX1 games only run in 4:3 (480p/480i resolutions) while TTX2 games all support 16:9 resolutions.

It's unclear if my issue is with my specific TTX+ mobo or if the Multi genuinely is incompatible with the TTX+ hardware.

TTX+ is very similar to TTX1 but it uses a completely different GPU, uses a PCI sound card (TTX1 uses built-in sound), has double the memory and the mobo revision is different. Then of course TTX2 is 100% different hardware.

Honestly IMO these are way overpriced and only good if you're looking to SPECIFICALLY play a TTX+ game:
Battle Gear 4 (2005)
Battle Gear 4 Tuned (2006)
Half-Life 2: Survivor (2006)
Half-Life 2: Survivor Ver.2.0 (2007)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Spirits of Zeon (2006)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Spirits of Zeon Memories (2007)
War of the Grail (2006)

Assuming you wanted to take a gamble on this and try to run RTW's TTX1 multi you'll be looking at having to source a new video card either from an original TTX1 or find the right ATI 9600SE Gold Edition card and re-flash the GPU bios.

Last edited:
Nice one.

The only thing with these old motherboards they need the caps to be replaced, they usually bulge an end up with a non working MB, then when you to replace the caps, sometimes the MB blows up anyway. Its like the rest of the components also go bad. Have had these happen to 2 TTX MBs.
Thank you for the clarification.
I've been waffling on a Mame PC for my cabinet vs a TTX 2.

I've been waffling on a Mame PC for my cabinet vs a TTX 2.
Me, too. It doesn't help for the TTX2's cause that there's a lot of games I'd want to play available on Steam, already. And yet, I'm still tempted to have a multi.

Niko's Multi only work on TTX2
There is a Multi made by RTW for TTX1, it only includes the TTX1 games (since TTX2 games can't run on TTX2 hardware)
Nikos multi will run on anything form a VM to an X1 to an X3, As long as you take the time to set it up youself lol.

Nikos multi will run on anything form a VM to an X1 to an X3, As long as you take the time to set it up youself lol.
While technically correct that the mulit itself is just a piece of windows software that will run on any Windows PC hardware, I wanted to make it clear that you're not going to be playing an X2 game on an X1

The games themselves is where the compatibility issues crop up.

Reactions: nem
Yaton sent me a pic of these. He has 140 units in total :S

I'll wait for the eventual fire sale.
Fr sure. Im alos not a 100% these are NOS either, they are most likely refurbs/conversions by taito to be TTX+ from the original TTX.

What are some typical prices to expect for Tx1, Tx2, and Tx3 motherboards? I get there's variance based on hardware configurations (or missing pieces), but what would each set up be in working order, ready for modding?

What are some typical prices to expect for Tx1, Tx2, and Tx3 motherboards?
That' all depends on where they're located.

they're pretty inexpensive on Yahoo Auctions.

X3s and X4s are really common right now; there are dozens for sale at the moment and you can usually pick one up for under 10000 JPY with a game installed.

X2s without a game and without a Fast IO card usually run around 15000 JPY and you might see a few pop up over the course of a month.

X2s WITH a Fast IO card are usually north of 20000 JPY

X1 and X+ I rarely see pop up anymore. Maybe one every 6 or 8 weeks but they usually go for around 10000-15000 JPY without a game.

prices for X1s, X+s, and X2s with a game are usually dependent on the value of the game.

It's pretty easy to run these games on Windows 10 on an ordinary gaming pc right?

Thank you for the clarification.I've been waffling on a Mame PC for my cabinet vs a TTX 2.
In a Blast City cab a PC is probably the way to go. I hesitate to call it just a MAME PC though, because I have probably 20ish other systems running (aside from arcade) on my rig including Wii, PS1 and PS2. Which are most definitely NOT MAME :p

I have held off on putting TTX or Steam or anything like that because those games look much better on something that supports HD resolutions at 16:9 ratio. I think I am going to save those for one of the Chewlix cabs I have coming.

Where the hell does Yaton get all these things from?
He used to work for the arcade dept of Sega in the early 90s. Probably made a ton of contacts back then.

Anyway, arcades are still a thing in Asia, so it's a buyers market for anything that could be considered defunct and taking up space. More than likely all of this was just trash for whoever still had them.

Pic of the kits.

Attachments

• typex_tower.jpg
    typex_tower.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 273
I could do with the wiring diagram for the JVS PCB to see if it can be adapted to a normal Vewlix (mine only has FastIO).

It's interesting that he (Lydz not Yaton) is selling it with a full Nesica loadout and with the Tetris The Grand Master 3 which I thought needed a different video card driver.

Last edited:
Back