What's new

Sp33dFr34k

Champion
Reaction score
I just started wiring my Sega JVS IO type 1 (837-13551-92).

Started with the power cable from the NVS-4000, fired it up and *POOF*.

EDIT: I messed up (shouldn't have started this after such a bad day) and switched the pins around, DA1 and DA2 started smoking and smell. Guess it's a goner and I need to find a new one :(

Last edited:
I was being an idiot and had the +5V and ground backwards, to end this shitty day...

The DA chips lit up, smoked and now they seem fine but still run really hot. LED1 and LED2 are still lit, however is it safe to assume this is ready for the bin?

Both on the front and the back of the PCB, the chips called DA1-4. You can see they're pretty f'ed up :(

io2_zpsdmgvwjcx.jpg
io1_zpsxeb4ciod.jpg

I just started wiring my Sega JVS IO type 1 (837-13551-92).

Started with the power cable from the NVS-4000, fired it up and *POOF*.

EDIT: I messed up (shouldn't have started this after such a bad day) and switched the pins around, DA1 and DA2 started smoking and smell. Guess it's a goner and I need to find a new one :(
Damn I did the same thing but was lucky I didn't lose the IO but I lost my Power Supply

My PSU is still okay but not sure if the IO still is. Better start looking for a new one I guess :(

At least it's a Type 1 which is the cheapest and easiest to come by.

That is true. I've just finished wiring P1 up, and uhhh, it still works to my surprise :)

I've measured the temp of the chips with the probe of my multimeter and it shows a steady 45 degrees celsius. So pretty warm, but not hot. Not sure if that's normal?

Might be best getting a replacement anyways, but was just curious if that's normal behaviour for those chips.

Back