What's new
Can someone advise me how I would connect these? I am running a PS4 and PC in my cabinet... confused how I would connect the wires to the buttons.. sorry wood worker not electrician here :P!

Can someone advise me how I would connect these? I am running a PS4 and PC in my cabinet... confused how I would connect the wires to the buttons.. sorry wood worker not electrician here :P!
what does your cabinet have inside as far as volume controls?

I currently have the Cabinet being build and sent to me, my plan was just to set up some speakers from the PC and some how connect to PS4 as well? I am guessing the volume control for them can only be connected to either the PC or the PS4 at one time.

I guess my real question is, How do people connect but panel/control sticks panels to work for a desktop AND Ps4 without having to constantly switch the USB depending on which one I want to play.....

I currently have the Cabinet being build and sent to me, my plan was just to set up some speakers from the PC and some how connect to PS4 as well? I am guessing the volume control for them can only be connected to either the PC or the PS4 at one time.

I guess my real question is, How do people connect but panel/control sticks panels to work for a desktop AND Ps4 without having to constantly switch the USB depending on which one I want to play.....
You my friend are in for a world of pain. I have been dealing with this conundrum since I got my vewlix in 2014. The problems are tenfold. For example, you first have to deal with just having the PC work correctly. See, PC's don't assign USB's statically, meaning every time you turn on the PC your 1P and 2P controls might be switched depending on the PC's mood. There are "fixes" for this but it goes into a rabbit hole of hobby made drivers and what not. Currently I am reworking my new PC I built for my MAME cabinet and am trying to solve this issue once and for all.

Once you have that solved, then you can worry about incorporating PS4 or whatever else into the mix. USB switchers for the controls work, but the PS4 sometimes doesn't like the sudden switch and wont respond properly.

I have spent many moons and lot's of money trying to figure this stuff out. It isn't so simple.

interesting, I heard a lot about Brooke boards but do they not work great? I might end up just hacking up 2 venom sticks and then manually switching the usb between ps4 and pc when I need to if this is the case....

The brook boards are fantastic. It's Windows and PC's that are the trouble.

Moving to Korea by the end of the month.
If you plan on placing an order, please do so soon before my stuff gets packed on the 24th.

Moving to Korea by the end of the month.
If you plan on placing an order, please do so soon before my stuff gets packed on the 24th.
Was waiting until the panel audio issue was sorted out. I'll have to read up on the solution.

i just wanna show my control panel mod (PS4/PS3/reset CTRL/PC/XBOX) buttons . with amp control and extra 2 USB port. 2 brook board inside. 4 port HDMI+usb Switcher. 5volt 8 relay module board. Qmax control panel with pcb board are expensive and also cant buy it separate . so i just DIY my own control panel. :) its not done yet :( close to finish.

Attachments

• IMG_1290.jpg
    IMG_1290.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 416
Would someone be so kind as to list all the parts needed for this panel?

I got the Rubber Grommet so far.

@Rg111
Components needed for panel.
4 - M4-.70x10 Metric Pan Phillips Machine (screws)
4 - M4-.70 Nuts
6 - 30mm buttons
2 - USB MOUNT
1 - Volume Knob
1 - Volume Controller Must remove housing.
1 - Rubber Grommet
ugh, the links don't transfer in quotation.

First post.

So the volume controller from the original post works fine with this rubber grommet?

Apologies, I just started taking a look at this panel recently.

finally got a step drill, I can countersink the hole now to rid the need for a grommet

finally got a step drill, I can countersink the hole now to rid the need for a grommet
I'm interested in this! Do you still have to remove the housing from the volume control? Will this be available soon?

Just wanna say that these sub-panels are really awesome. Sturdy construction, can't beat the look, totally happy with mine.

Do agree that the grommet sucks. Once you get that, it's cool though.

Back