What's new

8bitforlife

Grand Master
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
ok I received my battle garegga bootleg. It works and sprites are in right place but no sound. Rom0 and rom1 show bad in rom check screen but that might be normal for this board. Ebay seller said it was special board and I needed to tap pin10 and also sent these pictures. Is this correct?

No sound on HAS and blast.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191016-153352_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191016-153352_eBay.jpg
    934.1 KB · Views: 288
  • Screenshot_20191016-153418_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191016-153418_eBay.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 338
  • Screenshot_20191016-153444_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191016-153444_eBay.jpg
    849.1 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
hi :

Just a thought, have you tried cleaning the contact connectors of the board with methelated spirits or iso propolene alcohol and a tooth brush?
Those pics look really poor for contact. or is picture one a trick of the light?
If it is poor contact you could also try heating up the solder around the contacts between the pcb and the controller, focusing on the bootleg you bought.
Obviously you need to depower the board you bought and do this away from any power and wait till it dries, which ever method you use.
Or you could cheat and use paper, cloth or a rubber (eraser), just to see if it is a poor contact. As it seems to me via a look at pic 1 where the red wire is shown. I say that is what your seller means pin 10. This is just my quick assessment.

PS : may the board be with you luke!

Regards
euphoria
:)

hi :

Just a thought, have you tried cleaning the contact connectors of the board with methelated spirits
dont methos leave a residue me china? how can it be good for connectors?

hi :

Just a thought, have you tried cleaning the contact connectors of the board with methelated spirits or iso propolene alcohol and a tooth brush?
Those pics look really poor for contact. or is picture one a trick of the light?
If it is poor contact you could also try heating up the solder around the contacts between the pcb and the controller, focusing on the bootleg you bought.
Obviously you need to depower the board you bought and do this away from any power and wait till it dries, which ever method you use.
Or you could cheat and use paper, cloth or a rubber (eraser), just to see if it is a poor contact. As it seems to me via a look at pic 1 where the red wire is shown. I say that is what your seller means pin 10. This is just my quick assessment.

PS : may the board be with you luke!

Regards
euphoria
those pictures are from the ebay guy not my setup. That's what he sent me to show me what to do.

hi :

Just a thought, have you tried cleaning the contact connectors of the board with methelated spirits
dont methos leave a residue me china? how can it be good for connectors?
hi :

yes it does leave a slight residue usually metho and then iso prop is a generic clean. As sometimes iso prop will not lift the initial muck.

regards
euphoria

Whatever is going with that red wire on the edge, the soldering looks...well...non-existent.If that wire is tapping the Mono out on the JAMMA edge (hard to tell since the photo doesn't show the full edge) it's probably a terrible connection.

My best advice to test if its working is to pull signal from the mono pin and test in your setup to see if it's getting audio.

Whatever is going with that red wire on the edge, the soldering looks...well...non-existent.If that wire is tapping the Mono out on the JAMMA edge (hard to tell since the photo doesn't show the full edge) it's probably a terrible connection.

My best advice to test if its working is to pull signal from the mono pin and test in your setup to see if it's getting audio.
hi :

Looking again at the red wire if this board with the rotary pots on it is the controller/has/supergun etc etc.
I suggest you send photos of your game board clear ones and your setup.
Again the red wire if is is sound related could be failing audio on your game board. it is a little unclear what is the controller and the game pcb. Never seeing a graggega bootleg. But it must be jamma (probably).
You need to see based on the photos if the red was added to increase sound volume, mabey failing caps, resistors around the audio area. Even a dry joint.
Plus the fact that it has been powered and run with poor care pcb to pcb. Could have introduced issues dependant on powersupply and harness/cabling used.
Yes and what awbacon said above. Good show!

best wishes
euphoria

heres picture of my board.

Attachments

• USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1571492475784.jpeg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1571492475784.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 217
hi :

Is it me or does that board seem dirty around the socketed act chip and around tge sound section?
What about a photo of the rear 8 bit?
Have you checked out the electrolitic caps are they swolen anywhere or broken legs?

regards
euphoria

If pin 10 is speaker on the Jamma harness anyway, what difference would bringing it out to a headphone jack do you anyway?

Aside from moving the signal to a different place it wouldn't actually accomplish anything.

Sorry to revive old thread. Any update on this? I'm having the same exact issue. Except when I boot up game I get sound error. I had it hooked up to my HAS super gun before and it work most of the time, but when hooked it up to New Astro JAMMA cab I get no sound. Everything else works perfect.

If what you are saying by splicing wire to seperate amp/speakers works maybe I'll go that route. I have read other threads but their lingo and terminology made me dizzy.

Hi : sir

Sorry to revive old thread. Any update on this? I'm having the same exact issue. Except when I boot up game I get sound error. I had it hooked up to my HAS super gun before and it work most of the time, but when hooked it up to New Astro JAMMA cab I get no sound. Everything else works perfect.

If what you are saying by splicing wire to seperate amp/speakers works maybe I'll go that route. I have read other threads but their lingo and terminology made me dizzy.
I am unsure if i have this pcb. I do have a few of these bootlegs of this game.
My initial issues with this type of pcb is eletro caps, try wiggling them with game on, around the pcb.
Have you verified the volume pot on the pcb ? And your setup audio is the same . Might help if you make sure audio to your setup is the same. Some game boards use different jamma connections? Thought the ones i have all use jamma standard.
I am having display issues with mine. I have the wrong video setup to display correctly.
Wiggle / push/ reseat any socketed components, look for anything loose, flat or bent over component wise.
So their is an audio amp on the board. Which amplifies the sound. Look at the audio amp. Find a chip diagram for it. The audio input can be checked, though the volume will be pre amplified level.
You can do this multiple ways. But audio wise you will need an amp to feed off the input.
Suggest you fix the fault with a logic probe, osciloscope and multimeter though.
However if you can diagnose the pre amp audio signal is good. Then feed it to an audio amp off the board with speaker/s.
See the link below. If you have an idea, you could use something like below module to work for you. Just note be careful with what you power up. Its up to you to wire it correctly.
Hope that helps.

https://www.altronics.com.au/p/a0700-kemo-3.5w-mono-amplifier-module/

Regards
Euphoria
🙃

Last edited:
Thank you I will try that. If I can't get it to work you can have the board if you want it. Since you have no video maybe you can use this one and get yours going. I really don't care for it anymore. I have the PS4 version anyways.

Back