What's new

streetfighterken

Grand Master
Reaction score
I picked up a Rambo for a great price. Super stoked until realizing no settings save. The stokeness turned into sadness ;(

NOTHING saves. Main menu like coin assignments, nor in-game settings. It does not even save if I exit settings into the game without power off -- so I can't even set them every boot up.

Clock DOES keep time after power off.

I found two coin batteries. One on motherboard, the other on the JVS pci board. Replaced both with fresh batteries.

Still no saving. ;( ;( ;(

Sounds like a bad JVS card. My understanding after looking at Lindbergh game code, is settings are stored in the JVS card.
I would try switching the card with a known working one to see if things improve.

It seems that you have a malfunctioning EEPROM chip which stores region code on the mainboard

ok, I bought a replacement. We'll see how it works out. Interestingly, my suspected failed card is a revision that eliminated the supercap. The replacement is an original design with a supercap. I wonder if the revision is a flawed design or just coincidence.

Replacement JVS base board DOES NOT WORK.

A fellow on facebook made a comment "the base board is unique to this game." -- I don't know if he means "unique to Rambo". The seller mentioned replacing parts to get it to work. I'm wondering if he installed the wrong part number and I'm chasing my tail here. The part number I have is 837-14472R01. Does Lindbergh Red EX (or Rambo) use a different part number?

Super frustrating that this is the only problem with the game! So close yet so far!

Attachments

• eeprom_cut.jpg
    eeprom_cut.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 266
Back