What's new

Misos

Student
Reaction score
Is it possible to use a Switch to change between Chamma and Jamma pinouts?
Let me known if I wrong but if I use a 3PDT switch like this:

single-pole-triple-throw-single-pole-dual-throw-double-pole-double-throw-double-pole-double-rh-sincronismo-info-single-pole-triple-throw-relay-quad-pole-single-throw-switch-single-pole.jpg

I would connect the db15 pins corresponding to the tree kick buttons on positions 2, 5, and 8.

1, 4 and 7 i would solder the jamma pins corresponding to the chamma kicks (jamma 25,26 and 27)

And 3, 6 and 9 to the kick harness connector on the supergun.

Would that work?

You're sending ground (jamma pin 27) to either the DB15 or kick connector, so you're not really addressing the issue. You'll also need to handle player 2 inputs as well.

You can tie the DB15 and kick inputs together and use a switch to enable or disable the DB15 and kick connector from the jamma edge.

So with the switch you show:

Jamma pins 25 26 27 to switch 2 5 8

Switch 1 4 7 to the DB15 and kick connector

Switch 3 6 floating and 9 to ground.

Beg @RGB to produce another run of the fantastic RECO device.
It offers button remapping, voltmeter, negatron support just like the HAS...
But most important for your usage accepts Chamma (buttons 4/5 on the edge, 6 externally) and consolidates them into CPS2 style kicks with normal JAMMA.

You can see mine here...
mkpdYXs.jpg

Yea the Vewlix JAMMA kit is actually wired for Chamma. *facepalm*

You're sending ground (jamma pin 27) to either the DB15 or kick connector, so you're not really addressing the issue. You'll also need to handle player 2 inputs as well.

You can tie the DB15 and kick inputs together and use a switch to enable or disable the DB15 and kick connector from the jamma edge.

So with the switch you show:

Jamma pins 25 26 27 to switch 2 5 8

Switch 1 4 7 to the DB15 and kick connector

Switch 3 6 floating and 9 to ground.
I see, I would need a switch for each player. Any other way of doing this? Would a Dip switch work too?

Beg @RGB to produce another run of the fantastic RECO device.
It offers button remapping, voltmeter, negatron support just like the HAS...
But most important for your usage accepts Chamma (buttons 4/5 on the edge, 6 externally) and consolidates them into CPS2 style kicks with normal JAMMA.

You can see mine here...
mkpdYXs.jpg

Yea the Vewlix JAMMA kit is actually wired for Chamma. *facepalm*
That seems awesome.
I don't use Chamma compatible boards myself but someone asked me if i could build a supergun that supports the Pandora Box, so I'm seeking help here.

Back