Chamma to Jamma pinout using a switch

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Chamma to Jamma pinout using a switch

Is it possible to use a Switch to change between Chamma and Jamma pinouts?
      Let me known if I wrong but if I use a 3PDT switch like this:

I would connect the db15 pins corresponding to the tree kick buttons on positions 2, 5, and 8.

1, 4 and 7 i would solder the jamma pins corresponding to the chamma kicks (jamma 25,26 and 27)

And 3, 6 and 9 to the kick harness connector on the supergun.

Would that work?
    • You're sending ground (jamma pin 27) to either the DB15 or kick connector, so you're not really addressing the issue. You'll also need to handle player 2 inputs as well.

You can tie the DB15 and kick inputs together and use a switch to enable or disable the DB15 and kick connector from the jamma edge.

So with the switch you show:

Jamma pins 25 26 27 to switch 2 5 8

Switch 1 4 7 to the DB15 and kick connector

Switch 3 6 floating and 9 to ground.
    • Beg @RGB to produce another run of the fantastic RECO device.
      It offers button remapping, voltmeter, negatron support just like the HAS...
      But most important for your usage accepts Chamma (buttons 4/5 on the edge, 6 externally) and consolidates them into CPS2 style kicks with normal JAMMA.

You can see mine here...

Yea the Vewlix JAMMA kit is actually wired for Chamma. *facepalm*
      Darksoft: CPS3, CPS2, F3, MVS
      RGB: RECO v2, HAS v3
      invzim: Jammafier v1.6b
      XianXi: JNX Raiden, SC Taito Classic, SC Sega System 16/24
      Frank_fjs: JAMMA Extender (Special Edition)
    • Frank_fjs wrote:

You're sending ground (jamma pin 27) to either the DB15 or kick connector, so you're not really addressing the issue. You'll also need to handle player 2 inputs as well.

You can tie the DB15 and kick inputs together and use a switch to enable or disable the DB15 and kick connector from the jamma edge.

So with the switch you show:

Jamma pins 25 26 27 to switch 2 5 8

Switch 1 4 7 to the DB15 and kick connector

Switch 3 6 floating and 9 to ground.
      I see, I would need a switch for each player. Any other way of doing this? Would a Dip switch work too?

jassin000 wrote:

Beg @RGB to produce another run of the fantastic RECO device.
      It offers button remapping, voltmeter, negatron support just like the HAS...
      But most important for your usage accepts Chamma (buttons 4/5 on the edge, 6 externally) and consolidates them into CPS2 style kicks with normal JAMMA.

You can see mine here...

Yea the Vewlix JAMMA kit is actually wired for Chamma. *facepalm*
      That seems awesome.
      I don't use Chamma compatible boards myself but someone asked me if i could build a supergun that supports the Pandora Box, so I'm seeking help here.