What's new

the Goat

Grand Master
Reaction score
I installed my Darksoft cps-2 multi today. It is working great for every game I've checked, except for Marvel vs. Capcom. In Marvel vs. Capcom I get annoying high-pitched audio tones in addition to the normal sounds effects and music.

Check out the video: Capcom cps2 marvel vs capcom sound test

My cps-2 A board is Japanese. The B board is a USA (blue case) revision 4. I'm using a HAS supergun. Audio is mono through the JAMMA edge. The ROMs are from the CPS-2 roll up pack (dated 2019-09-18) found in this forum.
cps2 multi a.jpg

Any ideas?

This is a known issue, and I can't remember which thing we did to fix it on an install where it happened, but I know one thing we ran into was the jumpers weren't right. There was a very subtle bridge on one that was messing things up. So first thing I'd do is double check your jumpers, and really make sure they're separated when they're supposed to be. Get a razor and clean them all up, double check you got it right.

If it wasn't that it was a F-PAL issue, because I know the board this happened on wasn't a G-Pal and needed the extra wiring and there was a mistake there.

Under documentation, were jumper settings irrelevant on multi kit installs?

Last edited:
Jumpers shouldn't need to be changed but if the sounds aren't right there are only a few things that can cause it:

Broken pin on the multi
Wrong or incorrectly set up PAL chip (including the jumper wire if a -3 or -4 pcb was converted to newer game)
Incorrect jumpers
damaged socket on the B-board not allowing the multi to make good contact.
Faulty multi kit

Very unlikely the issue is the kit unless it was physically damaged. If the B-board was factoru converted at one time there is a possibility that the jumpers are set in a way that they won't work with the multi. I've seen it before.

Jumpers shouldn't need to be changed but if the sounds aren't right there are only a few things that can cause it:

Broken pin on the multi
Wrong or incorrectly set up PAL chip (including the jumper wire if a -3 or -4 pcb was converted to newer game)
Incorrect jumpers
damaged socket on the B-board not allowing the multi to make good contact.
Faulty multi kit

Very unlikely the issue is the kit unless it was physically damaged. If the B-board was factoru converted at one time there is a possibility that the jumpers are set in a way that they won't work with the multi. I've seen it before.
i just tried wiring PAL G pin 9 to CN5 pin C13 instead of J17. I saw that in a youtube video. There was no change.

Is PAL G pin 9 supposed to be lifted out of the socket? The way I read the instructions only board B revision 5 and above needed PAL G pin 9 lifted. My board B is revision 4.

I'm using a PAL G chip I purchased with the multi kit. The jumpers look factory condition to me. I don't think

You have it backwards. Revisions -5 and up do not need the pin lifted. Rev -3 and -4 do.

You have it backwards. Revisions -5 and up do not need the pin lifted. Rev -3 and -4 do.
Okay I'll go make that change. . .
Thank you! Lifting pin 9 out of the socket and wiring to J17 fixed it.

I humbly suggest revising the instructions to clarify this. I read through them many times and was certain I had it wired correctly for my situation.

Back