What's new
but i cannot found the bin file of the zerokey for chihiro, need help
you cant find special zero key for chihiro because it doesn't exists.
there is zero keys for CF-boot and Net-Boot (for all Naomi/Triforce/Chihiro). I'd guess you use wrong one.

Last edited:
If it's a type 3 chihiro / triforce, make sure you choose the correct oscillator type for the pic.
The type 3 dimm uses a different oscillator type for it's security pic that doesn't work on some oscillator settings that do work with a type 1.
It's probably the reason some people think you need a different security pic for a chihiro.

Without zerokey, although using pi-force, the chihiro type 3 running Wangan_Midnight_Maximum_Tune_2B_EXP_512 still shows "gateway not found" in about 3 minutes. Because zerokey of chihiro is not available and is no compatible with zerokey for naomi, I has to burn my own zerokey for chihiro and triforce, but i cannot found the bin file of the zerokey for chihiro, need help.
That is because it changes IP to 10.0.0.2x range after the game boots...

See this post for more detail, set the proper IP range, or make an alias for your card so the packets still make the destination.

Games that reassign ip address after netbooting

Alias info: 42

It seems that the pi-force only recognize the games located in the /boot/roms and cannot recognize the games in the sub directories of roms. How to group these games?

Anyone try netbooting Atomiswave games with a working netdimm battery?
Based on everything I’ve read it seems like the game would be stuck in memory until the battery dies or is disconnected from the netdimm.

It seems like if someone is using a battery and they want to play atomiswave games, they need to momentarily disconnect netdimm battery too and not just the video fan.

Will the adafruit 16x2 work on a pi3?
Their site seems to say no so want to see if anyone got that working.. Thanks

Where does it say no?
Says for pi1 and pi2 in item info so I'd like to be 100% sure before.. So this seems to me like a no when reading and not able to find confirmation on Google.. The reason for my question

Thx

While I haven't tried it I see no reason the Pi3 wouldn't work. the Pi3 is nearly identical to the Pi2 but with higher specs.

it's possible that the description simply hasn't been changed since before the Pi3 was release.

Thanks for the reply

I guess I can give it a shot.. I'm aware the hardware is close to identical Wasn't sure if the lcd for some reason wouldn't work :)

Thanks for the reply

I guess I can give it a shot.. I'm aware the hardware is close to identical Wasn't sure if the lcd for some reason wouldn't work :)
I was wondering the same, because i have a PI3 that is perfectly working with piforce web but with the classic piforce the lcd is not turning on and i don't know if i made some mistake soldering it or if it's not working with the pi3

the lcd is not turning on and i don't know if i made some mistake soldering it or if it's not working with the pi3
the IO port is different between the Pi1 and the newer Pis depending on which version of pi-force you installed you may need to change the IO port setting in the code. This is covered in the LCD troubleshooting link on the first page.

before you do that though, adjust your contrast knob through the whole range to make sure it's not just a backlight issue.

the lcd is not turning on and i don't know if i made some mistake soldering it or if it's not working with the pi3
the IO port is different between the Pi1 and the newer Pis depending on which version of pi-force you installed you may need to change the IO port setting in the code. This is covered in the LCD troubleshooting link on the first page.
before you do that though, adjust your contrast knob through the whole range to make sure it's not just a backlight issue.
I've tried to change the bus in the config file and also to remove the string with the color of the backlight because user in another forum said that that will cause the non rgb screen to fail to turn on.. of course i'm using the last version of the image and i've adjusted the contrast but with no luck :(

I've reflushed all the soldering point and i can CONFIRM that the adafruit lcd 16x2 https://www.adafruit.com/product/1115 IS WORKING with the Raspberry PI3 (don't know with the 3B+) and Piforce 1.5.
You also have to edit the piforcetool.py with notepad++ and put a # at the beginning of the "lcd.backlight(lcd.BLUE)" line otherwise the backlight will not turn on!

You also have to edit the piforcetool.py with notepad++ and put a # at the beginning of the "lcd.backlight(lcd.BLUE)" line otherwise the backlight will not turn on!
I have a Pi3 and the Adafruit LCD... I didn't edit/do anything to make it work.
I suspect this is only required IF you used one of the colored LCDs? Not sure, all I can tell you is I did nothing it just worked.

I have a Pi3 and the Adafruit LCD... I didn't edit/do anything to make it work.I suspect this is only required IF you used one of the colored LCDs? Not sure, all I can tell you is I did nothing it just worked.
Exactly that line is for RGB display, so i had to disable it with the classic blue light display, otherwise light just blink once and than stay off, with that line disabled the light turn on without any issues (if you have the rgb display you can leave the line and choose the background color that you prefer)

Exactly that line is for RGB display, so i had to disable it with the classic blue light display, otherwise light just blink once and than stay off, with that line disabled the light turn on without any issues (if you have the rgb display you can leave the line and choose the background color that you prefer)
I can confirm that.

Thanks for confirming guys just soldered mine up but now can't find my micro SD lol I'll look tomorrow or get a new one.

I've reflushed all the soldering point and i can CONFIRM that the adafruit lcd 16x2 https://www.adafruit.com/product/1115 IS WORKING with the Raspberry PI3 (don't know with the 3B+) and Piforce 1.5.You also have to edit the piforcetool.py with notepad++ and put a # at the beginning of the "lcd.backlight(lcd.BLUE)" line otherwise the backlight will not turn on!
Well looks like I had the same thing as you. Screen would not turn on until I put the # in front of "lcd.backlight(lcd.BLUE)" .
Finally working now :) also had to adjust the contrast after the screen powered on.

Thanks

This guide has been awesome. Using it and a bit of search fu I was able to get up and running without issue. I do think the Zero Key PIC is required with the current version of Piforce tools as I could not get it to boot without it. Looks like in the code the heartbeat code is removed and only a small item exists that sets the timeout to 10 hours (Which I think they were hoping would work but it doesn't). Either way, its still an awesome piece of code and this guide was super helpful.

Last edited:
Back