What's new
Actually, no, the LM1881 can separate a composite sync from a sync on green signal or from a composite video signal. There is a schematic using some nand gates to get real horizontal and vertical sync. I tried it, but never could get it working. There is another chip, the LMH1980 that should perform a better job and has a composite, horizontal and vertical sync output. It's just a very small and difficult to handle package (VSSOP)

“For Type-3 Tri-Force
Start by removing the blue cover by removing the 2 screws along each side along the corners, and then sliding the cover off in the direction of the rounded edge.
Once the cover is off you'll need to find Dip-Switch 2 near the security key socket and set it to the "ON" position”

I bought a Type-3 Tri-Force and want to Netboot it,however, after i removed the blue cover, i cannot find any Dip-Switch. Only things i found are four Jumpers (JP1-4). What should i do next?
1533450070x-1376440198.jpg

is that picture your actual Tri-force setup? if so that one is not compatible with Net-booting, that large white enclosure is where the DIMMs normally set on a GDROM/Net-capable Media board, you have a single game media board.... it's only good for the game you have on there.

you'll need to find another tri-force (or another media-board) with the proper Net-DIMM/GDROM port setup

is that picture your actual Tri-force setup? if so that one is not compatible with Net-booting, that large white enclosure is where the DIMMs normally set on a GDROM/Net-capable Media board, you have a single game media board.... it's only good for the game you have on there.

you'll need to find another tri-force (or another media-board) with the proper Net-DIMM/GDROM port setup
@twistedsymphony nailed it. That Media Board is cartridge based, so no GDROM/Net Port.

On the other hand, loading time is 0 on this one.

There is a IDE socket on the media board, so can it be boot with CF card mode?

Ok, my question then is why transfergame.exe doesn’t hold the connection?
the Web Pi-Force Tools has a that functionality disabled.
from the net-boot web-interface thread:
I have not incorporated any sort of keep-alive into the code. There were provisions for that in the original netboot script that I am not currently using.
This question make me realize that it's not really clear WHEN you're getting the gateway error.

if you're getting it right at the start that's a settings issue. If you're getting it AFTER the connection was established and you've transferred a game, then it's a zero key issue. or you could solve it by using something other than the web-interface tools since they don't keep the connection alive and require a good working Zero Key.
I don't want to be that guy, but:

This only applies if you're using my particular web interface, detailed here: New-ish NAOMI netboot web interface

I am not the author of Web Pi-Force Tools, nor do I have adequate experience with it and therefore cannot make any statements with any sort of authenticity regarding it.

I do however have quite a restructure on my plate, during which I plan to incorporate keep-alive in my own interface.

Last edited:
Sweet! I think the web loading is a cool solution. What else are you planning on changing?

This only applies if you're using my particular web interface, detailed here: New-ish NAOMI netboot web interface

I am not the author of Web Pi-Force Tools, nor do I have adequate experience with it and therefore cannot make any statements with any sort of authenticity regarding it.

I do however have quite a restructure on my plate, during which I plan to incorporate keep-alive in my own interface.
Hey @Smurph, do you mind if I borrow some of your static images from here https://github.com/tugpoat/NaomiWeb/tree/master/naomiweb/static/images ?

I too have been hammering on a web interface to use along side my internet based loading, mine however is written in the ruby language. It isn't much yet, but if anyone wants to follow along the code is here. https://github.com/ArcadeHustle/RomHustler

Untitled.jpeg

I just got the core functionality working, and started in on the aesthetics. Sorting out all the game images is on my immediate plate. I wanted to use the game flyers from here: https://emumovies.com/files/file/3119-sega-naomi-2d-boxes-with-discs-151/ the guy says you can't reuse *his* art, but they are just scanned game flyers, so I am conflicted on his ability to claim they can't be used.

I'm currently using a DHCP setup to make sure my boxes have a valid gateway as outlined here: Details on how to use the "REMOTE" (DHCP) setting with a NetDIMM to get a "GOOD" Network Test . I use that alongside the code above running on a dedicated internet based server. It takes about 2 minutes to push a game out remotely (and I could care less about the bandwidth). I can send games currently to either my home network, or the one I am testing at my best friends house. We are using dedicated port redirects on the router to manage individual remote machines. As long as you have a port open, you can hit it from the outside, and push it a rom. There is a "manual entry" field that you can choose and subsequently specify the remote IP and port to push the rom to.

Netbooting across the internet

Sweet! I think the web loading is a cool solution. What else are you planning on changing?
If I ever get around to it....
On the back end, everything lol.
On the front end...

The end result will be a far more extensible product, which one could theoretically use to boot multiple machines on the same network.
Once I've got that groundwork laid I can worry about card emulation and seeing if I can get SRAM backup/restore viable.

Hey @Smurph, do you mind if I borrow some of your static images from here https://github.com/tugpoat/NaomiWeb/tree/master/naomiweb/static/images ?
I too have been hammering on a web interface to use along side my internet based loading, mine however is written in the ruby language. It isn't much yet, but if anyone wants to follow along the code is here. https://github.com/ArcadeHustle/RomHustler

Untitled.jpeg

I just got the core functionality working, and started in on the aesthetics. Sorting out all the game images is on my immediate plate. I wanted to use the game flyers from here: https://emumovies.com/files/file/3119-sega-naomi-2d-boxes-with-discs-151/ the guy says you can't reuse *his* art, but they are just scanned game flyers, so I am conflicted on his ability to claim they can't be used.

I'm currently using a DHCP setup to make sure my boxes have a valid gateway as outlined here: Details on how to use the "REMOTE" (DHCP) setting with a NetDIMM to get a "GOOD" Network Test . I use that alongside the code above running on a dedicated internet based server. It takes about 2 minutes to push a game out remotely (and I could care less about the bandwidth). I can send games currently to either my home network, or the one I am testing at my best friends house. We are using dedicated port redirects on the router to manage individual remote machines. As long as you have a port open, you can hit it from the outside, and push it a rom. There is a "manual entry" field that you can choose and subsequently specify the remote IP and port to push the rom to.

Netbooting across the internet
Go for it dude, I think I jacked most of the images from somewhere else anyway.

Regarding emumovies: My opinion is (disclaimer, I am not a lawyer) that as he is creating derivative works of copyrighted material without the consent of the IP owner, he has no legal basis to make that demand and it can be "safely" disregarded if one were to so choose.

Safely being in quotes because you are still technically violating copyright, but it would likely be overlooked because you're a: not making money from it and b: the IP holder doesn't stand to lose money.

Last edited:
Please make sure all of you are implemeng the GPIO reset signal interface into your program forks :) Some of us have implemented the hardware for it .

Pretty please.

Please make sure all of you are implemeng the GPIO reset signal interface into your program forks :) Some of us have implemented the hardware for it .

Pretty please.
Yup! That's also on the agenda. I plan to do it to my hardware as well.

Back