What's new
That program will provide the user password.

It does NOT need to be unlocked first. You don't need to clear the password. This program will read the user password from WD drives used in X3's. Full stop.

Common problems arise when using usb->sata adapters. Some work, some do not. Some sata controllers work, so do not. It's trial and error, but it works. There is no magic here.
Incidentally, I use Windows10 64bit.
try xp or win7x86
ATA lock was released!
I don't understand the cause, but as you told me, when I tried out WDmarvel with an old OS out of the warehouse, it worked fine.
Thank you very much ^^ ^^

Next, I will move on to search for data from the game in the HDD :)

Thank you guys very much for your cooperation in releasing the ATA lock.

I'm currently in trouble again. ;(
When I expanded the drive, there was an approximately 122GB img file.
Perhaps this is the data I want to see (BGM, SE, model, etc.)

However, when trying to mount using the daemon tool, the following message is displayed:
"Windows cannot access this disc. The disc might be corrupt. Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is unformatted, you need to format it before using it."

Does this mean that the file is corrupted?How can I open this img file?
I have been struggling for hours to find this solution.

Can anyone please help me again X/
I'm waiting your reply

That's the encrypted container Niko was talking about in post 2.
Indeed, I was relieved that it was not broken 8o
I thought that there was an encrypted file in this img file, but this img file itself is encrypted.

Thank a lot :)

So the next thing I need to do is to manage this encryption.
Is there any way to do it?

I'll look into general encrypted files myself, but I'd be happy to let you know if you have any nformation about img file in taito type x3.

Hope you are enjoying your paper weight that can't be unlocked.

If you haven't unlocked the drive yet, I thought there was chatter about a tool to brute the key and unlock it, but not sure if it is public.

Anyone know anything about that tool? I guess I could write one, I think it's just xor'd.

Thanks to the cooperation of the forums here, it seems to be solved!
Thank you very much! I love you guys :thumbsup:
I hope you will find some interesting info on the HDD. I would like to know if this game even has a proper networking feature to link multiple cabinets.

I hope you will find some interesting info on the HDD. I would like to know if this game even has a proper networking feature to link multiple cabinets.
lmao I fucking wish or I wouldn't be wasting time working on a matchmaking server for my two cabs :')

lmao I fucking wish or I wouldn't be wasting time working on a matchmaking server for my two cabs :')
And games like Cyber Sled and Gunmen Wars didn't have this issue to begin with. What the developers should have done was release this game as a twin cab setup.

And games like Cyber Sled and Gunmen Wars didn't have this issue to begin with. What the developers should have done was release this game as a twin cab setup.
Eh, considering it's a 4v4 game I can kinda forgive them for not having local matchmaking. Magician's Dead (like literally the same game but with a Wiimote and 3v3) doesn't have local matching either.

Back