What's new

Crumptinite

Student
Reaction score
Thought Id start my own project thread, as I have finally made a deal on here and got a cab on the way. After much lurking and apparently pot stirring, unintentionally, I went with the Vewlix VS. Information about this cab is god awful to find. I understand its just two vewlix cabs together but its def a little more than that. As well as there dont seem to be many people with one, so there is a serious lack of photos/ videos across the web. Will post my progress on the refurb and upgrade as it goes. Of course will end up asking a ton of questions if needed. Stay tuned.

First post is in info/ question thread.

Shopping list so far, in order to test cab.

2x JVS-PAC 2
2x Brooks Universal Fighting Board
2x DVI to HDMI cables
2x Male to 2 Female RCA Speaker Splitter
2x Digital Optical Audio Cables (experimenting)
1x 1x2 HDMI Splitter with Audio Output

Anyone can think of anything I'm missing? Basically researched this according to linking to vewlix cabs together. But info was spotty. Cab come with vs pcb

how about an X2
If I could find one i would.
They do pop up pretty regularly on YAJ. But if your VS has a JVS I/O you can pretty much run any JVS games. Naomi, System 2x6, etc.
Dont put a console in there. It's like buying a Lamborghini and swapping in a Honda engine.
pc and actual system is the plan, as well as a x360 becuz vf5 is my shyt. I thought naomi was jamma? Not really interested in dropping the dough on a conversion kit

Last edited:
how about an X2
If I could find one i would.
They do pop up pretty regularly on YAJ. But if your VS has a JVS I/O you can pretty much run any JVS games. Naomi, System 2x6, etc.Dont put a console in there. It's like buying a Lamborghini and swapping in a Honda engine.
pc and actual system is the plan, as well as a x360 becuz vf5 is my shyt. I thought naomi was jamma? Not really interested in dropping the dough on a conversion kit
Nope, naomi is JVS.

PC is a good alternative.

Uh... Why don't you just buy Taito's official Vs board? :huh:
13234.jpg

P2210414_195x195@2x.JPG

4DauOSv.jpg

No need to reinvent the wheel here, all the work has been done. *shrug*
I guess you could complain that the board uses VGA and not DVI... But remember officially this is how Taito says you connect a X2 to even a VLX cab.
See (image taken from the official Vewlix Capcom manual)...
h6fM7p0.png

Why would you instruct a X system user to do this when you have a DVI port on the goddamn LCD/monitor?
No clue... For as much as I love Taito (and I do) they make really strange fucking choices sometimes that are just stupid (likely intended to sell one kit to CRT users and LCD users alike and they simply selected the lowest common denominator because effort/price/lazy).

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, maybe its me who isn't following you.
I thought you were trying to make your own Vs board.

Oh, maybe its me who isn't following you.
I thought you were trying to make your own Vs board.
??? No i bought a vs cab. Making sure i got everything i need. To make it interchangeable. Pc, console, jvs system

Got it now... So the JVS system is just going to work with that PCB, stuff like Naomi, Namco 256, X systems you are already golden.
PC yes you are correct in that you'll need some JVS Pac's to encode controls into JVS format to then pass via VS board.
Console will be more complex, because not only are you going to need to packhack or buy a MC Cthulhu you'll also need to encode that into JVS.
Then you'll need a video solution, something like an OSSC+HDMI-2-VGA adapter... Or @invzim 's upcoming Retro Scaler (assuming it will even work with SCART level video, it is being designed for arcade Jamma levels).

The most complex would be JAMMA boards, but again Zim has a whole gang for products to help you.
Namely the Jammafier and Retro Scaler.

Last edited by a moderator:
So would i need hdmi to vga or hdmi to dvi? I have rhe dvi cables coming in, with an hdmi splitter w audio out.

If you plan on using that Vs PCB you need VGA video.
Vs board won't accept DVI/HDMI/digital, needs analog.

Ah ok makes sense. Will put an order in for those cables, see what i got and return what i dont need. Yay for amazon.

Ouside of that i have the hdmi splitter, that i can get the cables for...are the ins on the monitors vga or dvi? I read dvi somewhere could be wrong.

Also using brooks universal for encoder, already planned.

The seller of a naomi setup says that, the naomi is jamma. Can i get some clarification. On trying to hook that up.

Heh, you don't need to show me a picture of a Naomi... I OWN ONE.
You should take a look at the backside/IO of a Naomi sometime, its only a single Google search away.
naomi_filter_board.jpg

Funny, I don't see a JAMMA edge at all... :whistling:

@Crumptinite

Naomi is JVS. That setup has a Sega JVS I/O also screwed onto the wooden board, it's essentially an adapter to run JVS systems on JAMMA.

Back