What's new
Thank for the help. I thought maybe he altered it or something, which is why i threw the pic in. Sounds good, lloks like ill be picking that up this wknd then. Maybe he wasnt aware.

Keep in mind that HDMI splitters and PCs don't always play well together. The splitter can make your PC think it's connected to a 1080p monitor, and you won't be outputting a native rez signal to the Vewlix 720p screens, so they'll have to scale. Not sure how the scaling is on those panels as far as adding lag, but it could be an issue.

Any1 have any advice on a "quality" hdmi to vga converter?
Funny thing about these converters you don't actually want high quality.
High quality equals more post processing to make the image look nice, which adds lag and potentially alters sync rates.

The cheaper converters just take what they are given and make no changes beyond digital to analog.
They introduce no additional lag to the chain.

I'm using this Lenovo one that doesn't include audio (because I never encode my audio into digital/HDMI in the first place).
0B47069-main-v1.JPG

Thanks for the info will pick up that last converter. By quality, i really mean that will work and last. And not a crappy splice and hope for the best converter. I got another on the way. Gonna see which ones work the best and return the others.

Cabs in. Sorry I cant join the fck KC bandwagon. only took a little over a week to get here. And looks great. Now the cleaning and testing begins.

anyone know what the coating on the control panel body is? One of them has a decent amount scratched off.

Cabs in. Sorry I cant join the fck KC bandwagon. only took a little over a week to get here. And looks great.
That's because your expectations are in check. Someone else would have moaned because there's tape marks (TAPE MARKS!!) on the topper, dust (DUST!!) on the screen and soda bottle rings on the Insert Coin sticker (DRINK SPILLS!!).

Nice cab!

probably too busy playing it then fixing it.. quick update.

Returning 90% of the parts i ordered from amazon . Didnt need them, the vs kit had pretty much everything built in. Running 1080p just fine. All that was needed was the hdmi to vga, the one that was recommended works well and the brooks converters, which one didnt come with a 20pin out ...from arcadeshock..fair warning. Components for a v select panel which is on the way. The amount of brown that came off this thing inside and out was rediculous. For now dropped a pc and xbox 360 in it, so i can get my VF5FS fix tamed. I found the output to the speakers when using the xbox was a little much for some reason.

Havent decided on move sheets and etc yet, probably wont cover the vewlix panel at the top tho.

If someone has a line for actual or a scan of the VF5FS art i would greatly appreciate it. Created my own a while ago, but wouldnt mind the actual.

Also i know artfe isnt sharing his nesica theme anymore, but i got a seconhand copy and if anyone could help me with setting up rocketlauncher to see the games, it would be appreciated.

Current status vid below.

I got a Vewlix VS here, but not sure what other info I could provide outside of taking everything apart was a pain in the ass and I had to wash everything in a tub

Was gonna post an update but just hit a snag last night. Need some urgent help before I go shopping for 2x new monitors

Moving things around last inside the machine. Had a spark around the power out to the outlet. But from the inside. Now monitors show very dim...when booting the screens show fine blue, but when they process the vga signal they go to dim. Thoughts?

Baaaah ok updates:

Deep clean complete as its gonna be for now. Got the smell out. And grossness.

Its running a pc and 360 (for vf5fs) for now. Have my naomi and mvs in reserve.

New locks installed, unnecessarily...found old locks in the coin draw after the fact....

Running brooks universal boards.

Updated art. Old original art is up for grabs if anyone wants it. P4u.

Purchased new speakers unnecessarily, tracking issues back to the vs pcb which is probably on ots last legs. Had to bypass it for good video.

Vids to come. Primarily newer fighters, some neo, and 1 or 2 shooters....waifu of course.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead.

I have two Blue Diamonds I want to link up to play vs games.

Does the VS IO Board that comes in the VS cabs just mirror the picture and sound? or does the USB ports allow you to bring the 2P controls over two the other cab as well?

VS IO board is really just there for ease of use, in my opinion only really needed for splitting VGA video. For audio you could just use a simple Y-splitter. To daisy chain IOs you need a regular USB A-B (printer) cable. You connect J2 in the first cab to J1 in the second cab.

VS IO board is really just there for ease of use, in my opinion only really needed for splitting VGA video. For audio you could just use a simple Y-splitter. To daisy chain IOs you need a regular USB A-B (printer) cable. You connect J2 in the first cab to J1 in the second cab.
Thanks for the reply!

Waiting for a drive to text the TTX2 using jvs controls, but have been messing with a Niko re2 multi in the interim.

When I plug into j2 to get the controls over to the other machine, it just recognizes the other machine as p1.

Any ideas ?

Possibly some kind of incompatibility between the Taito JVS IO and RE2.

Try it with the X2.

Back