What's new
it's a pretty low spec PCB but for a PC system it's pretty compact and Native JAMMA support is nice. I think it would be cool to see what other games we could run on here.

I wonder if the EPIA-CN10000EG would also work as a replacement? Seems to have the same specs and looks to be in the same family of boards.

Anywho, got offered a free non-working ex-board. So gonna dig into it once I get it to see if I can get it working. So definitely following this thread :)

Last edited:
make sure your bios didn't take a dive.
make sure the ram is okay
Dumped the bios, matches perfectly to the one you posted earlier.

installed new MEMORY and no change.

I got in a PCI analyzer and it shows good voltages and simply displays "0000" on the code display

perhaps most infuriating is that I bought a "used and tested" consumer mobo and it's exhibiting the exact same behavior :-/

Did you boot the consumer board on its own to see it loads up/runs the way it’s supposed before converting it to use it on ex-board?

did you do the swap as outlined on the guide?

Is there any type of check between the mb and the interface board?

Did you boot the consumer board on its own to see it loads up/runs the way it’s supposed before converting it to use it on ex-board?
literally took it out of the box and threw it in an empty PC case without doing anything else to it.

literally took it out of the box and threw it in an empty PC case without doing anything else to it.
Something isn't right. Want to send me one of them so I can fiddle around with it?

I have more memory coming since the replacement stick I was using was just some I found in my parts box. if the new memory fails I'll definitely take you up on your offer.

Ok, I got the replacement MB suggested in today, along with a new ram stick. These Mbs are tiny.

Now just waiting of on the ex-board to arrive. T, did you get any further with your replacement board?

Now just waiting of on the ex-board to arrive. T, did you get any further with your replacement board?
nope :( I was away over the weekend but I got back yesterday and had 3 new sticks of ram waiting for me... I tried all 3 on all 3 mobos and no change.

the consumer one I bought was used but came with a warranty, so I contacted them, we'll see where that goes.

Now that we have the BIOS password, could someone who is still on the an original good battery take screenshots of all the bios settings?

it'd be nice to know what the factory configuration looks like.

I have a feeling that there's something that needs to be disabled to keep that error message from popping up when swapping to a new mobo.

so modifying the EWF is no longer necessary now that we have the BIOS password?

what I'm trying to do is figure out a way to prevent that from needing to be done.

the error message I was referring to is in Windows where it states that new hardware has been installed and windows needs to be restarted, which is why the EWF needs to be modified. I'm assuming there is a bit of on-board hardware that is normally disabled in the bios that causes that to happen.

while it's easy to run the EWF command you're technically modifying the game game image in doing so, it'd be nice if we could figure out what is triggering that so that new carts can simply be installed and played without having to adjust the EWF for every new cart.

@CoolFox had asked me in passing for help with the BIOS password, but I assumed it was just a curiosity thing. Tonight he explained without it the system is frustrating/pain in the ass to boot!! Decided this was worth while to try and solve. Have past experience reverse engineering AwardBIOS but it's probably been a decade, lol.

Good news friends, I got lucky. The password is:

onestar7

Enjoy :D
After about 6 years of plugging in a USB keyboard and hitting F1 to get games to start, THANK YOU! First time I've ever watched it boot on it's own and it was nice. :)

Anyone with this board, have you found Daemon Bride to be somewhat maddening on being able to get it to start? Years ago I had the cart, something happened to it. Just recently got it again, I constantly have problems getting the game to start. If I pop in Arcana Heart 2 it fires right up every time.

And if you have zero problems with Daemon Bride, what the hell. If it's a pin contact problem with the cart it seems odd I would have had two different carts with the same issue. Holy crap I got it to start, better play it.

Crashed, now I get this. *sigh*

Anyone care to test my Daemon Bride cart on their ex-board?

Attachments

• 20200124_200316.jpg
    20200124_200316.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Back