What's new

djcalle

Student
Reaction score
Hi Guys, having issues getting my DS kit working on a second board, any help appreciated.

-Kit fully works on my CPS2 Japanese green SF2Zero (Rev 7). I am attempting to get the DS kit to work on a Grey SSF2 (Rev3) This grey board was not fully working to start with, the game booted but had graphical glitches.
-The results were promising at first as it booted the last game I had launched on the other board, but as soon as I launched another game, it started going solid green no matter what game i would launch
-I went theough the list of potential symptoms listed by @xodaraP but none really apply since the kit and sd card fully work on the other board, I even did another swap back and forth to confirm

So questions is, could anything else be causing the green screen, like jumpers or the PAL G? Or is the graphical glitch issue the board had with the original roms preventing the kit from working?

Cheers!

I think perhaps an issue with the keys / key writing.

Battery removed / capacitor shorted etc? Key wires soldered okay?

Thanks frank, I thought about the programming wires too but after checking continuity, I can't see anything wrong with the install
Cap shorted but battery not removed

Attachments

• TomCPS2 wires.jpg
    TomCPS2 wires.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 154
So the battery definitely needs to be removed. Otherwise it will hold the last loaded game's key, and when a new game is loaded the corresponding new key won't be able to be loaded.

That damn cursed cps2 system , im pretty sure there is a recent date on that battery aswell

So the battery definitely needs to be removed. Otherwise it will hold the last loaded game's key, and when a new game is loaded the corresponding new key won't be able to be loaded.
oooh sounds like a winner... let me try right now Thanks Frank

Well spotted. :thumbsup:

Now we know the board works with a darksoft kit i got to cough up some coin

Back