What's new
@syntax_X i'm curious, why do you think that replacing the bus chips on your multi will solve your problem? did you have the exact same issue as whoever BEN FONG is? personally I wouldn't touch the multi beyond the required soldering. removing/replacing bus chips is probably going to put you in a tough spot if you wanted to get it replaced. This thread has been stale for 2 months, just bump @Darksoft, and see if he thinks that solution is viable for your issue, first.

I can't speak for him either but your 1st post did start with "had this for about a year" and I know the warranty isn't forever for a send-it-back kind of thing. Might be why it wasn't offered.

Had it for a year, used it for stuff all time.
It obvious its a Qsound issue from my posts, and Ben Fong said he had to replace them for the exact same reason too, sound cutting out after an undetermined period of time.

Hes sound was also scratchy which mine is not, thats the only difference.

My workmanship is above that of the repair work I have seen done by Darksoft, I am a professional installer of such things so I have no worries with fixing it myself rather than sending it halfway across the globe only to have pins snap.

Darksoft have even recommended me for repair work before, where I had to diagnose a users faulty install which turned out to be a cut trace next to a jumper hiding under some white markings. Found and fixed the issue straight away on that users Multi.

@syntax_X I've always been available via PM. The kit is obviously out of warranty, but we will do our best to help you fix it.

The reason for Qsound to fail can be many: flash, level shifter, solder, CPLD, etc.

As you have ordered some buffers, go ahead with that and let's see if that fixes it. Flashes 3 and 4 are for Qsound. The level shifters involved in this BUS are: U66, U67, U68, U69 and U70. The exact model of the level shifter is: SN74LVC4245A

Meanwhile, you can try checking the flashes with the specific romset that we have for that. If it verifies OK, it means that the microSD, the ARM, the CPLD and the flashes are OK and the problems (if it comes from the multi) can only be related to solder issues or buffer/level shifter.

"checking the flashes with the specific romset that we have for that" ?

Is there a diagnostics romset I was not aware about? Please point me towards them ill put them on the SD and test straight away.

I only ordered 6 SN74LVC4245A.

Flashes 3 and 4 are different chips are they? Preflashed on your end or something I can buy and fit?

I only ordered 6 SN74LVC4245A.

Flashes 3 and 4 are different chips are they? Preflashed on your end or something I can buy and fit?
If the flashes fail and they turn out to be the problem (not something upstream), then you can replace with new empty flashes. That's where the game goes, they are not preflashed or anything like that.

The exact part is: GLS36VF3203-70-4E-EKE

You missed the part where I said I put the original Z80 back in mate.

It doesn't happen on your Multi l_oliveira because yours is not faulty obviously.
I did say how I used this on 2 different A+B boards and had the same results, maybe you missed that..

I explained my issues in great detail and you guys never gave me a decent suggestion how to fix it.

Then I look on Facebook yesterday and see you helped out BEN FONG with his sound issues....

Why did you never suggest this fix to me?

Yeah, some guy on FaceBook had to tell me, not the hardware developer..... And thru all this hassle not once was it suggested I could send this faulty product back.

Im going to buy some Bus chips and replace the ones on the Multi, if it works Ill send you the bill.
I can't help anyone on Facebook because I've never been on Facebook. I've been helping on Twitter at most because it's the only social media I use.I don't check this site often but when I do I look all the threads with mentions for me.

@l_oliveira, looks like we are on the good track now. If you have any suggestion, please let us know. Your comments are always welcome.

Back