What's new
Tried another pair of Kingston 512MB (each) and one of it worked. I've not been in luck buying old SIMM of ebays.
At least my NetDimm now has 512MB installed.

IMAG0229.jpg

Can confirm the below does not work. Getting error 21 with them in.

Attachments

• 256mb PC133.jpg
    256mb PC133.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 79
I know some people have gotten the PC133 sticks to work, but I've got no problems with matching PC100 sticks.
As @twistedsymphony pointed out the Naomi operates the same (133 vs 100) I think PC100 might just be (slightly) more compatible?

Can anyone tell me what DIMM modules to use with Chihiro ?

The one in my unit does not have any label at all :(

I'm pretty sure any of the modules listed in the op will work in the chihiro type3. I have a variety of sticks. Back in sept or oct I played RAM roulette between a few netdimms and a chihiro type 3 and I *think* they all worked. But I know for a fact the one photoed above works.

Reactions: rtw
slightly off topic anyone want to create 256mb 512mb 1gig stickers for the dims
This is a fantastic idea. I don't have stickers on any of my DIMM boards but I found some decent images of the 3 sticker types that someone could use for reference...
The 1GB image is kind of crappy but it's good enough to pull the color and confirm that it's written as "1GB"
Sorry for the necro bump, but I'm still interested in seeing these stickers get reproduced. I could bust out my tape measure and take the measurements, but someone with a digital caliper could certainly provide more accurate measurements.

@PascalP would you be willing to print these?

slightly off topic anyone want to create 256mb 512mb 1gig stickers for the dims
This is a fantastic idea. I don't have stickers on any of my DIMM boards but I found some decent images of the 3 sticker types that someone could use for reference...The 1GB image is kind of crappy but it's good enough to pull the color and confirm that it's written as "1GB"
Sorry for the necro bump, but I'm still interested in seeing these stickers get reproduced. I could bust out my tape measure and take the measurements, but someone with a digital caliper could certainly provide more accurate measurements.
I guess it depends on demand, reproducing/printing something like this doesn't pay for 5 pieces I'm afraid... I had one with the sticker once but sold it and kept the nicer looking one without the sticker, now my OCD kicks in because of you haha.

Just give it some time, I'm sure quite a few people will pipe up and declare their interest. I will need at least 5 1gb stickers, so that's your 5 pieces right there :) .

let me see what I can do. I definitely have the 512. Not sure about the 256. And I do have calipers.

im pretty sure I have some spare SIMMS i grabbed from ebay a while back - if anyone wants to buy known working ones.. I have a pair of the same working in my NETDIMM - the full ram check completes OK.

Back in the day I used to use SIMMS as keyrings! (dimms r too heavy)

@kioku25 Like sp33dfr34k says it is a pain to deal with these stickers.
Small batches are too expensive to print and large batches leave me with a lot of stock.

so if I would consider something like this I would like to stick with 1 design only, not 3 different ones to keep the print cost (and startup costs) down.

I actually got the scans done at one point and did some test prints but shortly after my printer fell out of alignment and as a result I kinda dropped all of my sticker projects.

at some point I'd like to offer them in my store but it's a bit down on the priority list.

Back