What's new

xodaraP

Legendary
Reaction score
I was asked by @Reading-comics to make an adapter for CPS2 3/4 player with DB15 connectors to allow Neo CD pads to be used for players 3 and 4

There is an ebay seller who offers these, but there is no voltage connection to the 3P/4P controllers and the Neo CD pads and a lot of other controllers require 5V for the controller to function. I offered to make one so it was local and also corrected this issue.

The kick connector on CPS2 has +12 for player 3 and 4 coin mechanisms, but no +5 because it isn't required for use in a 4P cab. To solve this problem, I installed a 7805 voltage regulator inside the DB15 housing for each player.

It took quite a while to put together but I was happy with the end result so I thought I'd post up pictures :)

Here is the test fit so I could confirm the 7805 would fit alongside the DB15 connector. It's a very tight fit, but it works.

Photo 26-10-19, 17 04 39.jpg

And here it is with all 3 wires connected. All wire connections have been protected against shorts with heatshrink on the regulator and the DB15

Photo 26-10-19, 17 17 08.jpg

DB15 connections soldered

Photo 26-10-19, 18 46 45.jpg

And here is the finished cable - please ignore my messy workbench, creating this thing made a LOT of mess.

Photo 26-10-19, 19 48 02.jpg

Hi

Where can i put the voltage regulator,in which pin

Thanks

Hi

Where can i put the voltage regulator,in which pin

Thanks
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Pin 5/6 outputs the 12V from the CPS2 motherboard connector end.

I also connected the ground for the regulator back to the motherboard to pins 1 and 2

The 5v in this case goes to pin 8 which is the Neo standard.

Back