What's new
Yaton's refurbishments are the worst. It is amazing how bad of a job he and his workers do. More often than not anything they refurbish comes out worse.

I bought some panels off of him. The joysticks shafts I guess had some rust on them. So what did they do? They painted over the rust with silver spray paint. However, they didn't remove the shafts for painting. Oh no, that would take time, better to try masking everything else off. Surprise, they did a really poor job it. The whole CP was covered in spray marks.

Changing the rusted shafts would have been a 10 minute job. Now I spent 30 minutes scrubbing the panel clean. And I still had to fix the sticks.

On another panel, the sticks were dry as a bone. They needed regreasing bad. Yaton's way of doing this? They lifted the dust washers and squirted grease with a grease gun in to the opening. Like a turd on top of the joystick. Good effort, Yaton, good effort.

Remove the cotter pin from the base of the joystick. i used a firm grip with a pair of pliers but it was difficult. I would like to know a better way.
You need a pair of circlip pliers.

Also, I don't know if you care or not, but both the sticks and buttons are Chinese bootlegs. The buttons are really poor quality. I threw mine out. The sticks are OK.

I like rehabbing joysticks. They're not expensive, but I don't see any reason to throw money at them if they're easy to clean up and regrease.

Buttons though? I chuck all the used ones and put in nice new replacements. Just not worth the time and effort, I get the colors like I want, nothing is worn or doesn't respond right during gameplay.

I like rehabbing joysticks. They're not expensive, but I don't see any reason to throw money at them if they're easy to clean up and regrease.

Buttons though? I chuck all the used ones and put in nice new replacements. Just not worth the time and effort, I get the colors like I want, nothing is worn or doesn't respond right during gameplay.
Just to be safe. The buttons are the same size as Blast? 24 and 30mm.

Which joysticks do you recommend?

I'm getting x4 Aero cabs this week and none of them have control panels.

I'm looking for original replacement buttons and joysticks too.

Time to get out the lube.

I pulled on the springs evenly to increase tension.. Before and after

So much more clicky. I really like how the yellow ones turned out.

Finally..

Next I will reassemble and grease the joysticks.

I applied grease to the pivot and bowl

Then flipped it and applied grease to the spring base.

I stretched the center spring and clamped to the actuator.

Apply a little grease to the inside plastic part of the bottom base plate to keep the actuator moving.

It feels and sounds incredible. Now I can hopefully apply them to my incoming Aero cabs.

Warning this video sucks but hear that sweet clicky spring noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tI3B_Zg6W4

Not gonna remove the plant matter? that would drive me nuts.

So much more clicky. I really like how the yellow ones turned out.
The yellow ones are genuine Sanwa. Green (seafoam green?) ones are knock-offs. You can instantly tell from the quality of the plastic.

Not gonna remove the plant matter? that would drive me nuts.
I’m perplexed on this one. I definitely don’t want to lift the vynil and ruin the finish.

I think the best route might be to get a sharp exacto knife and cut a slit next the booger where it’s raised and extract it and glue the slit?

What would you do? It’s not my biggest repair priority right now on the cabs.

Well. a little update.

The cabs should be arriving tomorrow.

I bought x4 Aero city, x2 Blast City, and a last minute Astro City.

I just got a couple of Jamma Aero harnesses and will be bringing my controller panels and a few jamma boards.

I bought a couple button and ball top replacements for my eventual 2p12b panels so I got excited and put it on my 2p3b.

I color matched the 4 buttons in the hopes i could have a slap button for button 4 and use the upper overlays 1P 2P graphics as the actual 1P 2P buttons.

These are the 1p 2p for the upper graphic overlay.

Before

After

OMG. I feel like Calvin before he got his propeller hat

The truck should arrive with my Candy Cabs in 3 hours from this post.

I lined up my CP's, JAMMA's, Graphics, Jammafier (why not), and tools in anticipation.

I had trouble figuring out how to attach my CP harness to my Aero CP so I might adjust buttons and switches live to figure it out.

Expect more pics very soon.

Here's the initial pics. Then back to testing and making a list of repairs..

Blast City #1 & 2

Aero City #1-4

Astro City

Ans why not a selfie? WARNING: Avatar Culture Shock!

Damn those Aeros are rough. I sort of expected it for a 450 price tag though. Good luck with the scrub down. Use lots of Simple Green!

Back