What's new

hoagtech

Enlightened
Reaction score
I am using this first page as a Repro Aero City foot rest interest thread.

You can find my latest progress on cabs by going to the last page.

Here is what the initial order of foot rests will look like.

This Color:
1.jpg

This Style:
2.jpg

They are being made right now in China. I would expect no shorter than 3 weeks from this date 2/17/20

Interested:

1- @fatmikerocks x2

2- @jermz1 x1

2- @nam9 x1

3- @bagheera369 x1

4- @Solmin x2

Last edited:
he drove over to LA Amusement's warehouse and hand picked these. Big Kudos to the man.
Just because after these kinds of posts I sometimes get my inbox flooded: this is not a service I usually perform (aka please no 30 strangers PM'ing me to look at cabs for them).

Glad you're stoke about the cabs though!

I think a MSX/68k hack would be super super easy to do.

Just because after these kinds of posts I sometimes get my inbox flooded: this is not a service I usually perform (aka please no 30 strangers PM'ing me to look at cabs for them).
uh I smell opportunity dude! Chassis recaps may make you some bucks but if everyone complains about buying a KC cab blind, maybe you can help.

be a buyers agent for $50/visit regardless of outcome, plus $50/ea cab that you actually “sell”. Or whatever $ just an example.

They pay up front and you hand pick, video-chat with them when you are onsite, give them your experienced opinion, etc. then make sure KC tags the cab(a) for the buyer you represent.

@ekorz

$50 just covers my gas unfortunately. We're over $4. 25/gal and my truck gets 10mpg. It's about 100 miles, but going to LA can take 4-5 hours round trip because you can almost never not hit traffic in at least one direction.

I'd also of course need KC's blessing, his time and availability, digging the games out, etc.

uh I smell opportunity dude! Chassis recaps may make you some bucks but if everyone complains about buying a KC cab blind, maybe you can help.
be a buyers agent for $50/visit regardless of outcome, plus $50/ea cab that you actually “sell”. Or whatever $ just an example.

They pay up front and you hand pick, video-chat with them when you are onsite, give them your experienced opinion, etc. then make sure KC tags the cab(a) for the buyer you represent.
Yup, just batch it up and spend the whole day there looking at 100 cabs lol

Big Kudos to Rewrite. He helped me buy the Cab and I really appreciate it.<br style="background-color: rgb(241, 245, 250);">
Glad you're stoke about the cabs though!

I think a MSX/68k hack would be super super easy to do.
I changed the kudos a little bit to mask the chore. You may want to change my quote.

Sweet. I just noticed some buttons are missing.

I would like to replace them and the ball tops. Preferably with translucent green and purple ones.

Can you suggest an online retailer in the US?

Sweet. I just noticed some buttons are missing.

I would like to replace them and the ball tops. Preferably with translucent green and purple ones.

Can you suggest an online retailer in the US?
focusattack

Replace the whole thing. Don't leave garbage on your control panel.
I would love to. Which buttons size does it take?

I’d like to order brand new buttons and ball tops. I don’t want to replace the joysticks until I clean the switches.

I saw that there are 2 different joysticks that were produced. One flush mount and the other has a steel spacer below the panel.

I wonder which ones these have?

Main buttons are 30mm, start buttons are 24mm. Your choice of brand, they're all good, with slightly different feels. Only way to really know is try for yourself, but the default standard is Sanwa.

https://arcadeshock.com/collections/pushbuttons

Balltop fits are universal, so brand doesn't matter, just pick colors you like.

https://arcadeshock.com/collections/balltops

The joysticks can be replaced easily, but taking them apart for a good cleaning will likely give you good results if you don't feel like spending the money.

You might as well just go ahead and replace the joysticks while you are at it. All new buttons, ball tops and sticks.

The sticks you get on a used cab coming over off location will typically be beat to hell

Main buttons are 30mm, start buttons are 24mm. Your choice of brand, they're all good, with slightly different feels. Only way to really know is try for yourself, but the default standard is Sanwa.

https://arcadeshock.com/collections/pushbuttons

Balltop fits are universal, so brand doesn't matter, just pick colors you like.

https://arcadeshock.com/collections/balltops

The joysticks can be replaced easily, but taking them apart for a good cleaning will likely give you good results if you don't feel like spending the money.
They have 2 options. Snap in and screw on.

I'm not sure which one to get.

I need to know whether the joysticks are flush mount or spacer mounted.

Snap in for buttons

I'll have to check later on the stick

Its like buying a Rolls Royce and putting 4 used tires from a junkyard on it. Just spend the $60 and buy new sticks.
Except it's not. Clean and Shin Etsu gets most sticks feeling great. Not at all analogous to used tires.

As far as snap in vs screw in, there are times when it does matter. This isn't one of them, makes no difference. If the colors you want are snap in get them, if they're screw in get those.

Its like buying a Rolls Royce and putting 4 used tires from a junkyard on it. Just spend the $60 and buy new sticks.
Except it's not. Clean and Shin Etsu gets most sticks feeling great. Not at all analogous to used tires.
As far as snap in vs screw in, there are times when it does matter. This isn't one of them, makes no difference. If the colors you want are snap in get them, if they're screw in get those.
No it is. I can see you rebuilding joysticks that you bought every few years when they break down, but refurbing modern era joysticks of a cabinet just doesn't make sense. If these were buttons/sticks that were not being made anymore...sure. Chances are, that's not the case.

Back