What's new
I took a break to clean the panels.

The laminate came off separate from the graphics. After the layer of plastic was off I had to razor the graphics off and copper scrub the steel to remove the rust.

Tomorrow they will go to the sandblast cabinet. I am trying to do anything that fits in the SB myself buts its about 3' wide and 2' deep.

Whats the best way to remove the extra adhesive before the sand blast?

Heres my other "Blast Cab" heh.

Crap.. its empty. I couldn't find my bags of sand but I found my recycled sand bag.

It started out good but I knew the sand at ambient humidity for the last 6 years would be too moist and it was. I'm glad my cab is still working but I need to come back with new blasting sand.

The good news is I can bring anything that fits in here and take the powder coat off. It's not happening this weekend though..

After storage. Some lines on my sandblaster got cracked. This set me back a few days as I was stuck on Sandblasting the CP.

I used to sand blast for my manufacturing warehouse and my powder coater (Mt Baker Powder Coating) would give me a huge discount.

I took a cab to my old powder coaters and settled on a pretty sweet deal. All four aero cabs and doors pins, anything I want sandblasted and powder coated for $800. I chose the bright white smooth glossy finish rather than the lumpy more grey original color and finish.

I called my Chevy dent guy and he checked out the cabs. Unfortunately he turned the dent repair project down and prefers working on curvy car surfaces.

So now I need to find another dent guy before I drop off at powder coating.

I decided to get back to gutting and gutted the 3rd Aero.

And here's my cat in the sink. Always cheers me up.

I got turned down by another dent repair guy.

He gave me the number for an auto body repair guy. He looked at the dent pics and said bring them by. he also wanted to look at my dent on my Colorado.

I have to finish gutting the 4th and off to the body shop.

Aero Dents

The dent in my Chevy

Wow that is some major dentage. Thankfully I don't have that problem, only a lot of holes :cursing:

Looking forward to your progress and updates.

Thanks Kavas. I hope you find a solution for the lock bar holes.

The guy is doing a killer job. He is going to heat and grind the hammer marks tomorrow but it looks awesome.

Before

After

Before

After

I'm so stoked. I'm taking the rest of the cabs to get any dings or marks tommorrow so hopefully I can get Sandblast and powder coat dropped off end of or early next week.

Thanks to @jimmyjames for the Sharp repair contact.

I got an MS2930 and a MS2933. One has analog video controls the other has an OSD board attached.

Scary part Blast #1

Scary part Blast #2

Chassis was requested to have video control pcb's attached for testing.

7 Monitors waiting for their new Nanaos

@hoagtech since you have your aero taken apart.
Would you be able to get some measurements off the metal piece that holds the topper?
I cant seem to find any spares,so I'm going to have to make one.

Would you be able to get some measurements off the metal piece that holds the topper?
I cant seem to find any spares,so I'm going to have to make one.
If you need a topper (the speaker housing/part that holds the marquee), I have a spare.

So how did he restore those dents? Heated them up and pounded them out? Add more to it?

So how did he restore those dents? Heated them up and pounded them out? Add more to it?
He started with a large clamps and 2 small boards and pressure clamped it.

Then he took that hammer in the pic and started banging the creases.

He said he couldn’t use filler because It would come off in the sandblasting.

Scary part Aero #3

Scary Part "The dead one"

Scary part "Cherry master"

Scary part Aero #4

There are x3 MS28-SG and one MS28-SE

Off to @rewrite 's neck of the woods (maybe he'll be so kind as to share a before and after on my thread.. :) )

Happy to share pics.

I've got to clean up my pms in a little bit here today and we'll get things ironed out :)

I'm getting close to finishing Powder coat prep which involves removing everything.

When you look at a cab you think of like 12 components but my bags and bags of parts would prove otherwise.

Removed the chutes, coin mechs, some chrome foot rest panels. chrome handles and the rest of the monitor bezels and hinges.

Here is the marquee taken apart. The metal will be powder coated and they have agreed to blast and coat the speakers black and the rechrome the handles and foot rests.

On a good note @rewrite finished recapping my Aero Monitors and will be receiving them this Saturday. I called and Sharp Image Repair should be done with the x2 Blast and Astro City.

I got sick from something my kid had at school so I called my businesses and let them know I wouldn't be "working" today.

-finished disassembling the other three marquee's.

-Removed the other 3 foot rests and bent one of them back into shape

-Removed and took apart remaining CP panels and graphic overlays.

-removed handles

Back