What's new
Those cabs look like they went through a war.

I am in the same boat, a Aero should be making it's way to me now (don't know because KC's english is so bad). I already contacting places that do sandblasting and powder coating for quotes. Simple Green is not enough to get the rust off those Aero's.

I am excited your excited :thumbup:

I thought I would get more testing done but instead just pulled out JAMMA harnesses and random flyers and dirt clods from the inside.

the aero cabs were mostly tested:

Aero #1

Great convergence. It looked dim though. I haven't adjusted the picture yet or cleaned it.

Aero #2

Looked fuzzy and bad. The top 20% of the image was extra dim and distorted. The whole image was shaky as well.

Aero #3

No Jamma harness and existing Jamma had soldered on extra wires that I did not want to disconnect now. No test

Aero #4

This was the jewel of them.

The front panel was screwed shut and the back panel's security screws were stripped as well.

it has the best picture of the Aero so far. The "Cherry Master"

The coin spring does not load tokens into the gambling games though.

And as a bonus: Kyo-Ca! amusement only tokens.

I'm looking forward to finding screen controls on these Aero's.

Are we looking at the same pics? IMO all those of Aeros look perfectly serviceable. Should clean up just fine.

Screen controls are under the bezel.

I came into the warehouse for work and got distracted and started scrubbing the Cherry Master instead.

Before:

After:

The CP and coin box is locked on a few of these.

Is there a generic key or way to remove these?

The same applies to my Blast. I need a key or key removal.

@nem "Should" being the operative word. If they're Nanao they're not mounted correctly.

The usual keys for a Blast is 5575 and Aero is 5380.

Whether that's what the locks are on the cabs at this point or not, couldn't tell you. But those're the Sega key/lock numbers.

That's a heavy but very durable cab , and seems to be in a very good cleaning done nicely

I own 16 Aeros. They all had the chassis correctly mounted. The chassis isn't square, so you can't even secure it if it's the wrong way.

Of course, all bets are off if these don't have original chassis installed. However, I would be extremely surprised if these didn't have them.

I own 16 Aeros. They all had the chassis correctly mounted. The chassis isn't square, so you can't even secure it if it's the wrong way.

Of course, all bets are off if these don't have original chassis installed. However, I would be extremely surprised if these didn't have them. Makvision, no way.
16 Aeros? Do you have a Place Place for those Cabs?

I own 16 Aeros. They all had the chassis correctly mounted.
I looked at them in person, so did several others. The majority of them are either not the right chassis or not correctly mounted. It's a fact.

Reactions: nem
Oh right, I forgot you went to hand pick a few of these.

Will be interesting to hear when @hoagtech peeks inside his cabs.

They were an interesting lot to try and pick good ones out of for sure... Some of them rewired entirely for gambling games that weren't JAMMA or Mahjong (so I had nothing to test with), some of them locked with no keys, some would turn on, others wouldn't. Of the ones I could open I think two had the monitor adjustments under the bezel where they should be. Almost all of them were off to the left.

They did at least have super nice tubes.

I'm surprised they had nice tubes. Usually anything running gambling or mahjong games have really, really bad burn in.

I'm surprised they had nice tubes. Usually anything running gambling or mahjong games have really, really bad burn in.
Right?! It was a complete surprise.

Idk what the other 20ish looked like, but the ones available to look at when I'd gotten there all had burn free tubes.

From what I've been told, from a few different sources, hardly any have the OG MS8. I was also told they had creme color pcbs, which leads me to believe theyre weiya chassis, this the consensus was 25" makvision.

From what I've been told, from a few different sources, hardly any have the OG MS8. I was also told they had creme color pcbs, which leads me to believe theyre weiya chassis, this the consensus was 25" makvision.
3 tubes had a Nanoa Neck and all had their PCB adjustments where they should be in the front.

The other cab, which doesn't have a harness, has a different chassis but same tube. The controls are facing right on the pcb when looking from the back panel.

It also has a different frame, but mounts at the exact same point. I couldn't see the Neck pcb because it was behind the frame plate.

All 4 tubes share the Sega tag and Mitsubishi Model #. I believe these were MS8 and possibly the 4th got a replacement chassis.

Good luck on those three.

The majority of what was available was the fourth one (I said left, but that was from the front, so it matches your right from behind).

Back