What's new
I got a razor and removed the Jap tape from the front of the screen. Then I took those Kanji red bumper stickers away from the top and cleaned.

I used ISO to take off the adhesive.

A little cleaner..

I found the key for the homemade panel inside the cherry master but it is a custom key.

What I found was very weird...

A pushing small cardboard box feeding mechanism filled with tiny white cardboard boxes.

I jimmy out one of the boxes out and found this inside. I wonder whats in the other boxes? I scored an original "Quartz" "Flame Guy" watch.

Just when I thought the gifts were done. I found a sealed cardboard box.

WTF is this thing? It has a JAMMA edge but I didn't have time to test it.

I dig through the other aeros and find an original Aero City owners manual, A manual for IREM. The skins game.

I would like to know if there is a way to uninstall these locks without drilling or breaking them?

The other cab, which doesn't have a harness, has a different chassis but same tube. The controls are facing right on the pcb when looking from the back panel.

It also has a different frame, but mounts at the exact same point. I couldn't see the Neck pcb because it was behind the frame plate.
That's a MS8 as well.

All your cabs have MS8s.

Whoever passed on these cabs dropped the ball bad.

Yeah those are ms8s with the chassis mounted weird. I have one with a brown PCB like that and the controls face forward.

There's always the possibility that the monitors didn't come from Aeros originally. Sega also used these in dedicated cabs. That could explain the different frame and why the chassis is mounted sideways. So it's possible the frame won't have the needed cutouts at the front for the controls.

Yeah those are ms8s with the chassis mounted weird. I have one with a brown PCB like that and the controls face forward.
So are you saying I can rotate the chassis so I can control it from the front? Sweet
I'd need better pictures to answer that. The Black tray the chassis sits in should only slide in one way to the monitor frame. However, on my MVS with the monitor replacement my chassis is held on with zip ties.

I robbed one of the aero jamma adapters from another cab and was able to test the cab with the different frame.

it did nothing. No sounds life whatsoever. The fuse on the psu board looks fine. I may have to transplant another PSU to see if the power relay, PSU or connectors.

I used the jamma on the cherry master and was able to get Tetris up.

I took out the mahjong panel and tried and failed wiring the Aero CP panel.

I had a couple questions on that.

The harness has three plugs Im guessing are 1p Joytstick and buttons, 2P joystick and buttons, and 1p 2p Start.

The Joystick directions are the bigger gator clips and the buttons are the smaller gator clips.

Does each joystick and button use a white wire and which side do I install them on?

Is there a color guide to which button and direction?

A lot of these cabinets had great looking monitors without burn, but of course covered in smoke. I suspect the original monitors were replaced during these cabinets' lifetimes, which explains them being a slightly wrong variant. The only significant difference would be how the frame mounts the chassis. On a normal Aero MS8-26, the pots face forwards. Having the side-mounted variant is a sign that it's a replaced monitor. On the upside, the replaced monitor is likely in great shape.

Yeah check out the wiring schematic here. looks like p1 is white p2 is brown.

You will need a white grounding wire for each switch, they are daisy chained into pin 9 of the connector. I assume if pin 9 is lower right corner then pin 1 is top left corner of your plug, pink wire?

Doesn’t matter which side you the switch you ground.

A lot of these cabinets had great looking monitors without burn, but of course covered in smoke. I suspect the original monitors were replaced during these cabinets' lifetimes, which explains them being a slightly wrong variant. The only significant difference would be how the frame mounts the chassis. On a normal Aero MS8-26, the pots face forwards. Having the side-mounted variant is a sign that it's a replaced monitor. On the upside, the replaced monitor is likely in great shape.
All four of the tubes have their MS8 tags on them.

That would be a dick move to transfer them to the replacements.

A brand new MS8 would have tags too. There is nothing wrong with a replaced monitor. There's just a good chance the operator that bought them from Sega didn't get the type intended for an Aero. If anything, this is a fortunate sight, as you ended up with tubes in good shape as a result!

I'm hopeful on mine but I'm not sure what to expect. @rewrite and @Hatsune Mike saw mine. I know mine are nanao chassis at least

Attachments

• received_2398606680393904.jpeg
    received_2398606680393904.jpeg
    837.1 KB · Views: 245
  • received_550547019064263.jpeg
    received_550547019064263.jpeg
    639.9 KB · Views: 254
Those are both ms8-26. The brown one is the first version chassis and the green is the 2nd version.

I got the controls working. It took a lot longer than I thought it would.

But the Aero jamma base is super touchy and I have to squeeze it to get a good picture and stop the horrible buzzing sounds coming out of my speakers.

I wonder whats going on there?

@8bitforlife

How many did you buy and when are they arriving?

I would love it if we could all post repairs at the same time to figure these things out.

What do you mean by "JAMMA Base"? You mean the JAMMA connector?

Back